Shorts on the PGA tour. Yay or Nay?

Yay, especially if they agree to play faster while wearing them.

Consider why farmers , gardeners, and others working outside everyday usually wear long sleeve shirts and long pants.
As a person who has to wear long sleeves and pants outside for work in the Texas heat I can assure you that shorts are much much cooler. Now as for sun protection obviously long pants and shirts are better, but not for heat in my experience.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’m not really concerned either way - i know there will definitely be some chicken legs though haha

Consider why farmers , gardeners, and others working outside everyday usually wear long sleeve shirts and long pants.

Yup. Still disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I think they should.

Full on NO...

It’s a weird peave of mine, no matter the weather I’m wearing nice UA or other dedicated lightweight golf pants.

Complete no. Looking like a professional is important. I dont need to see them looking like a NCAA player with sponsors or guys from a local muni.

No. Wanna wear shorts, don't turn Pro. Practice rounds, meh. Pro Am's and Tournament NO.

Personally, I don't mind shorts. I think you can still look professional and wears shorts. I think it comes down to preference. I think the pros should be given the option to choose.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm not for the change but wouldn't really care much if they did go with shorts.

Baseball players cover up (I realize, out of necessity) in the heat just fine. Football players, particularly the Florida teams, play lots in the heat too.

I know they get time to sit by a fan but I still think golf is way less taxing on the body than those sports.

i think those guys look really classy in the clothes they are. and as weird as this is, i really like to play in pants even when it's a little toasty outside.

but if they started wearing shorts i don't think it would bother me.

I am very pleased to read all the replies against Tour players wearing shorts.
Hopefully now that Steve Williams is out of the picture the Tour will reinstate its former policy requiring caddies to wear long pants.

Absolutely let them wear what they want! I'd love to see the change and it'd be a very positive modernization for the sport. Golf can't get out of its own way sometimes.

Let them have shorts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I don't see a big deal with pros wearing shorts, it's not hurting anything and would help them be more comfortable.

#FreeTheLegs

That was weird to type.

I am very pleased to read all the replies against Tour players wearing shorts.
Hopefully now that Steve Williams is out of the picture the Tour will reinstate its former policy requiring caddies to wear long pants.

He's been out of the picture for a while now and I don't think it's even been brought up as a topic. No way that one will happen.

I say let them wear shorts
It could be considered discrimination as the caddies are allowed to wear shorts, and the women wear skirts/skorts and they all play in the same heat

For those saying it doesn't look professional, I disagree, and as for tradition, if it doesn't change with the times then golf will lose even more players in my opinion

He's been out of the picture for a while now and I don't think it's even been brought up as a topic. No way that one will happen.

Yeah, I know. But I wish Tiger would have stood up for tradition and told Stevie to keep his mouth shut about wanting to wear short pants.

Yeah, I know. But I wish Tiger would have stood up for tradition and told Stevie to keep his mouth shut about wanting to wear short pants.
...or just let them be comfortable, but hey, no my decision.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

No. With the light weight materials being manufactured today, it's not like they are wearing wool trousers.

sure, why not.

I'm in the No camp

Hell yes.

Just because it irks so many "traditionalists".

Bring back the plus fours!

Back