Shorts on the PGA tour. Yay or Nay?

I get the traditionalists argument and I'm sure golf pants these days are as lightweight and "cooling" as possible but I'm definitely in favor of them wearing shorts if they wanted.

Would be funny if they ever had it optional and some players I'm sure would still continue wearing pants, but that's their choice.

PGA Tour just announced players can wear shorts on practice days and pro-ams. Expect to see a bunch of it this week in Mexico and then on the Florida swing.

It's a good start.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I think it’s a good idea. Times have changed and the tour has too. I think it’s only a mattter of time before some tournaments allow shorts during tournament. Except the masters on course.

Shorts on the PGA tour. Yay or Nay?

I don't like it but I won't lose sleep over it if it happens, either.

I view the requirement for slacks as a very vague uniform of sorts. Football and baseball players don't alter their uniforms in the oppressive heat (I understand their necessity for coverage) so I really don't see the need for golfers either.

Lots throughout pro golf history have braved the elements, as they do now. I'd prefer that remain the same. Breathable fabrics are already so much better than the heavy wools and cottons of yesteryear.

Back