Shorts on the PGA tour. Yay or Nay?

Wicked Cool Bearded Man

4thegolf+4thefriends
Reaction score
Handicap
6.3 GHIN
Yup. Pants in 85 degree heat is just dumb to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should pros on the PGA tour be allowed to wear shorts. Yay or Nay?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'll vote in favor of it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Absolutely! Those guys have to be melting out there some days. They’re allowed to during practice rounds and the caddies wear short, next logical step is the players during tournaments.

I would say yes suffering in the heat sucks.

Yes, they should be. But I doubt it would ever happen. Professional golf is too traditional to change something like that.

Yes, they should be. But I doubt it would ever happen. Professional golf is too traditional to change something like that.
I think you're right unfortunately. I wish they would test it once a year in a tournament or something.

It would take some getting used to but I'd be okay with it.

Shorts on the PGA tour. Yay or Nay?

The first spring would be hilarious.

giphy.gif

The first spring would be hilarious.

giphy.gif
Hahaha...I think some minimum standards are in order. :banana:

I say yes, let them be more comfortable if they want.

Absolutely! It's ridiculous they can't wear shorts

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

I don't have in issue with it.

Heck ya! Personally don’t see the deal with shorts vs pants for the tour

I'd be OK with it even though I like the look of the pants better.

Yup. Pants in 85 degree heat is just dumb to me

It's a definite no for the players.
And I do not believe caddies should be permitted to wear shorts, either. It was Steve Williams, during Tiger's heyday, who was able to get the Tour to allow caddies to wear shorts.
Several of the finest golf club's in the US do not permit men to wear shorts on the course, only women. I like that tradition.
Also, I think wearing long pants, even long sleeve shirts, since the fabric keeps sun off the skin, is both more healthy and could be cooler than shorts.

Absolutely. I don't want to see guys sweating any more out there than they need to. Plus I think it might help grow the game a bit, if the tour players looked like us out there a bit more.

No!! If I can’t have a gimme they can’t wear shorts!!!

I kid I kid... go for it!!

It's a definite no for the players.
And I do not believe caddies should be permitted to wear shorts, either. It was Steve Williams, during Tiger's heyday, who was able to get the Tour to allow caddies to wear shorts.
Several of the finest golf club's in the US do not permit men to wear shorts on the course, only women. I like that tradition.
Also, I think wearing long pants, even long sleeve shirts, since the fabric keeps sun off the skin, is both more healthy and could be cooler than shorts.

Cool. I disagree

Count me in +1 for YES they should be allowed. I just had this convo with my gf about it, seems crazy they can't (one of those old tradition for the sake of tradition things). I almost exclusively play with shorts, so I'm biased.

But then. again.....do we really want to see these guys' calves? lol

I think they should be able to wear shorts if they want. I am sure others have mentioned but I believe they do during practice rounds and the caddies are allowed to.

Consider why farmers , gardeners, and others working outside everyday usually wear long sleeve shirts and long pants.

I was a Kansas farm boy. The ONLY reason we wore long sleeve shirts and buttoned them all the way up to the top was because we kept the straw off our sweaty arms, necks and down our shirts. It was INCREDIBLY itchy! We would actually jump in the ponds after a extremely hot and humid day in Kansas during the summer! You can't imagine how hot it was bucking hay and doing all the other chores. We had to wear jeans because nothing else would stand up to the abuse of the hard work! If I could have worn shorts and short sleeve shirts, I would have jumped at the chance. We just couldn't get the job done any other way! And don't get me started on the cold, snowy, bitter winters where you simply could NOT stay warm enough!!!!

Back