Favorite food on the golf course

ttucliffhanger

2024 Bag Boy Championship - Aqua Men
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So in honor of JB's post with his iron giveaway, I was trying to think about something different in relations to golf and something that could be really interesting, so what is your favorite food or food combo to have on the course when you are playing?

As weird as this may sound, mine is Coors Light and Reeses! OMG, it is so fricking good and most of you are probably thinking, wth?! Try it! I promise you wont be disappointed!

Let's here them fellas!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I usually have wheat thins for a little snack on the course, but like a hotdog at the turn. And have to have my Mt. Dew!!

Water water water and almonds. Smoked or the bold sweet Thai ones.

There’s never a bad time for Reese’s, just gotta keep them in the cooler on warm days until you’re ready to eat them.

For me it’s a transfusion (or three) and a dog at the turn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chicken salad and fruit. best post round meal.

Beef jerky or PB & J with the crust cut off

Cashews and/or Almonds, beef jerky, or a more recent discovery (for me): blueberry almond butter clif bars.

Usually followed by a gatorade/powerade, beer, or cocktail - depends on my mood.

I can’t eat much while playing so the go to food is a granola bar: lame but fills me up enough until I get to the clubhouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diet Coke and a hot dog with cheese and ketchup on it.

If I don’t bring some nuts or pepperoni I like a date bar from the halfway house.

I like an IPA and a sausage or hot dog. Refreshing and filling without being too much.

Most common is a granola bar, preferred is a Clif bar. But I should also start working in a PB&J sammy.

Post round, I like the club's chicken salad sandwich along with a cold IPA.

Can't beat a good golf course dog.

Cliff bars and Water

Egg salad sandwich. Random for sure.

I like trail mix, bananas, beef jerky, and sometimes a sandwich at the turn.

Beef jerky or PB & J with the crust cut off
I saw Uncrustables at the market this past weekend, and the 12 year old in me thought “maybe…”

Bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast taco for morning rounds and a hotdog for afternoon rounds.

Hot dog and a Miller Lite

Water and some form of a granola bar... I wish I could get hot dogs at the turn but I tend to play early. We tee off 6:45-7:30 and always miss the turn shack.

Depends on the course and the time I play. Most of the time I just worry about fluids. One course I play has an upscale grill so it's not unheard of for this fat boy to call ahead and order a medium rare burger with Cajun seasoning and pepper jack cheese on a pretzel bun. I always regret it but it's a legit burger. Not really recommended on the course food, but sometimes when I go to Rome....

If I need food, then usually some sunflower seeds or maybe a Slim Jim or some jerky will do the trick. I can usually push it out to 8 hours between meals so it's a long shot that I need food on the course. Gatorade G2 and water usually get me through the round just fine.

Back