Your go to Grip??

I’ve really been liking the GP CP2 PRO. Though I want to try the CP2 Wrap...

MCC+4 in the Summer

Just wish it was a full cord.

For the winter - Lamkin Players Soft Cord

Still trying to figure out my preferred grip. Right now I have 4 different styles on my current set.

Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align (forgot to add midsize)

Might change having no align tech in December so I have more color options, we'll see.

MCC Plus 4 MidSize.

I was looking at grips today. Think at least for the woods I am going to Sonar. Like the feel. I have had I-lines on the irons and will replace them with something from Lamkin. They are my go to grip brand.

Still trying to figure out my preferred grip. Right now I have 4 different styles on my current set.

That is a good thing. Really, the only way to find a grip you like is to try several different options.

Hmm.

I love midsize Dri Tacs. The oversized are ok on woods but I lose some touch with irons with these. My next favorite are GP Tour Wraps, midsize. Again soft and tacky. MCC's chew the hell out of my hands and aren't very good in wet and/or cold weather.

I'm not a big fan of the MCC feel. I fail to see the appeal of these, but to each their own. I just can't believe no one else has said Dri Tacs yet. To me they are light years above. So soft yet so grippy.

Golf Pride CP2 Wrap in standard

Midsize dri-tac for me. I love the soft tacky feel of these. I don't think the hold up quite as good as some "harder" grips but I hardly ever have a club slip in my hand regardless of the level of sweat.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My grips are 12 years old. Probably ready for some new ones? :golf:

Curious, irons vs driver. Same grip or different style?

How do you go about selecting your grip and committing to it?

For me, it's all about feel and grippiness (spellcheck tells me that's not even a word). I like something that feels soft and doesn't slip. Dri Tacs and Tour Wraps are my favorites. MCC's are just too hard. Tour Velvets aren't too bad but they're not as good.

And yes, 12 years old grips probably need a regrip, lol. I've got an almost new TM R9 TP Driver with a brand new Dri Tac grip on it if you want a minor upgrade on the driver and want to try out a new grip. I'll ship it out to you gratis if you want it. It's just collecting dust here anyways. It does have an x-flex shaft in it though.

Part of my crusade to convert the world over to Dri Tacs. :) (note-I have nothing to do with the Dri Tac company and benefit not a cent from converting the world over to them).

Midsize dri-tac for me. I love the soft tacky feel of these. I don't think the hold up quite as good as some "harder" grips but I hardly ever have a club slip in my hand regardless of the level of sweat.

My man! Another convert. I'm busy prepping the kool-aid!

My man! Another convert. I'm busy prepping the kool-aid!
I'll take the biggest glass you got! Tried lots of models but I love em.

Just bought a bunch of Lamkin Z5 grips for irons and wedges. Still like full cord (UTx) on woods.

I guess I never answered your question. I prefer Dri Tacs for woods and Tour Wraps for irons. I'm not 100% sure why. I like the extra little bit of give in the Dri Tacs and the "never ever going to slip" feel of the tour wraps when they're clean.

i may be a quick convert to the mcc+4. was hardcore utx cord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purchased some plus 4s and some dri tacs tonight. Going to do a head to head with them and a couple s techs I have. The search for my next grips is on. I have always played off the rack before.

Golf Pride Multi-compound mid-size, one wrap.

Back