Wilson Staff DUO Urethane Golf Balls Review Thread

Want to try these again. The one ball I was gifted during a local outing didn't stay in play long. I saw some good results from molten with this one though

Sadly I forgot my DUO U in the car that day and I was playing the FG Tour that day. That's what I get for running late and forgetting to grab them out of the car.

The U is much better for my game IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly I forgot my DUO U in the car that day and I was playing the FG Tour that day. That's what I get for running late and forgetting to grab them out of the car.

The U is much better for my game IMO.

My bad. If the U is better for your game you will be a dangerous man on the course.

Hello new winter sub 40 degree golf ball.

At that price I'll stick with the 2 piece duo. But, I do keep some spinnier balls on hand to play on occasion and all this did was likely become that ball for me and eliminate the fg tour.

Too bad for anybody that turns their nose up because it is a Wilson. I played their ci11 irons and really liked them. I love the Chrome Soft and if this ball compares favorably, I'll surely give it a run.

How does this ball compare off the tee for those that have tried it?

The Duo U looks very intriguing as I have enjoyed playing with the Duo and Duo Spin. Will definitely be picking up a box to compare against the ChromeSoft.

My bad. If the U is better for your game you will be a dangerous man on the course.

Already ordered two dozen. Excited for 2016. I'll have some for you next time we play so you can give them a more detailed trial.

Really excited to try these ones. They may be my new cold weather ball!

I saw no drop off in distance with these balls. Played on Christmas Eve and actually had my driver working and poked one of these out 230 yards. My average is right around 215.

I played a round starting off with the U for the first six holes, project (a) for the next six, and B330RX to finish.

The duo was good off the tee and had plenty of spin and stick on approach. The B330rx was better off the tee for me, but didn't have quite the grab the U did. Project(a) was my least favorite ball that day.

I need to check these out....wish the price point was a little better

I'm sort of mixed on the pricing. It puts them squarely against the CS and the B series, which should signal buyers that it's a premium ball.

But, wearing the Duo name it's an $11 jump from the Spin to the U, while it's only a $7 jump from the Duo to the Spin.

Wilson have it listed in the feel category of ball rather than the crossover. IME, they should have introduced it as a new FG Tour model at $38. That would give it credibility as a tour class ball. As a Duo I had guessed the target was the project(a) and NXT Tour price range. That would make each jump up the duo line $7, which to me makes a bit more sense.

I believe the street price will be $34.99.
At least this is what I read somewhere online a while back.

Duo $20
Duo Spin $28
Duo Urethane $35

I'm sort of mixed on the pricing. It puts them squarely against the CS and the B series, which should signal buyers that it's a premium ball.

But, wearing the Duo name it's an $11 jump from the Spin to the U, while it's only a $7 jump from the Duo to the Spin.

Wilson have it listed in the feel category of ball rather than the crossover. IME, they should have introduced it as a new FG Tour model at $38. That would give it credibility as a tour class ball. As a Duo I had guessed the target was the project(a) and NXT Tour price range. That would make each jump up the duo line $7, which to me makes a bit more sense.

Project a yes. NXT no. NXT is still a surlyn cover.

Project a yes. NXT no. NXT is still a surlyn cover.

True, but Acushnet also wants $33/dozen for them. On the basis of numbers standing in front of the golf ball displays, I thought it a valid comparison.

I am a sucker for cheap urethane balls. I play the U3 and Penta Urethane now. Both are good balls but I like the Penta better and both are stickered around 29.00. I will try theses for sure. My son plays the duo and we like it off the tee but not so much around the greens.

I need to pick up a couple dozen soon. I just hate waiting on Shipping. Love me some instant gratification.

Since getting into #Staffproto, these were one of the balls they gave to us to test out. The amount of time and studies that go into a golf ball baffled me when Wilson was explaining to us about everything.
I normally play Bridgestone B330-rx and this ball produced just as good. I didn't see any drop off distance in driving the ball and the green side spin was just as good for me. Unfortunately the first round with these was a little cold and pretty windy so I didn't get to truly judge them.
My first few rounds with them back in Ohio, I was scoring around average that I normally do. The combo of these urethane balls and the Wilson C200's, I was getting a good ball flight and a lot of stopping power with all of my irons from 6-GW. I didn't see much difference off the putter as my Cure putter puts a really good roll on the ball no matter what you are using.
This ball is worth the money in my opinion and can hang up there with any other ball manufacturer you find in stores

Might have to give these a go this spring.

Looking forward to trying these, I really enjoyed the og duo (especially the price point). I found I did miss the greenside control on well struck chips, in walked the Chromesoft. Looking forward to a showdown.

I normally play Bridgestone B330-rx and this ball produced just as good. I didn't see any drop off distance in driving the ball and the green side spin was just as good for me. Unfortunately the first round with these was a little cold and pretty windy so I didn't get to truly judge them.

I didn't see much difference off the putter as my Cure putter puts a really good roll on the ball no matter what you are using.

Great info.
I too am an B330-RX fan.
Just picked up a Cure RX4.

How was the feel and distance control with with U Duo vs the RX?

Back