What Is The One Club You Are Replacing In 2016

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
While I am sure many THPers have their bags set and others are replacing more than 1, when looking at your golf gear right now, what is the one item that you are sure (or pretty sure) you are looking to replace in 2016?

Nope. And that makes me happy

At this moment I don't see the need for any to change. But if something does change it would likely be the putter just cause I like experimenting there.

One club? Driver...after April 17 though :D

If I find a 4 hybrid I like better than my current one, that would be the one.

probably driver, and maybe irons.

4 wood... I am going to replace it with a 64* wedge. Not a matter of if... its a matter of when!

Nothing at the moment, just constant changes to the swing

Driver... always the driver.

replacing my warrior golf irons with callaway Apex Irons, and on black friday of this year (so only twice so still new for me for 2016), TM SLDR 3W and 5W, as well as a TM ghost putter.... and hopefully winning the TM r15 Driver from the #challange... then I can giveaway my TM SLDR white that's been used 1 round.... for 2016 I'll probably add some wedges... basically an entire new bag of clubs for 2016... as well as a new bag for Christmas I got

Last edited:
Wedges. I've had my current time gamers for 2 years now. I usually replace the wedges every 2 years so they're due for replacing.

I am just going to add the callaway PM 64 degree wedge!! Looks amazing and a big head so hopefully I wont leave it in the bunker!!

3 hybrid. I gotta get something in that slot that gives me some confidence. I'm thinking heavenwood or utility club of some sorts.

Nothing. (until a new putter catches my eye :act-up:)

Last edited:
At this point, I only see myself possibly updating my driver or just the shaft in the driver.

Wedges. I would usually have kept my wedges for a couple of years, but since getting the MD3 at the Gauntlet, it has made me want to get a couple more and game those this year.

Gonna start with the driver. Possibly new irons as well.

3 wood. I hit my 3 hybrid (21degree) so much better and can get almost the same distance. I want to replace that 3 wood with a 19-17 decree hybrid.

Just got myself some new wedges for Christmas and I picked up a SeeMore mFGP2 from a THPer, so hopefully, nothing.
The reality is, as the weather isn't good for playing I get to the Golfsmith and Golf Galaxy for experimenting and bad stuff happens...Like I really want to hit the Cobra F6 and F6+ to see how they stack up against the BioCell Plus.

My hybrid, I have to find one I'm comfortable with. My current Bio Cell hybrid just doesn't work for me, if I can't find one I may order a GBB D9.

I think it would benefit my plan to get to a 10 this year by not changing anything and just solidly hitting everything I have now. Not really like I need anything new tech wise based on what I have unless it's earthshatteringly good.
BUT, I might end up changing out putters. Been having some issues lately. Or maybe I just need to get my BirdieBall out that I've used like twice.

Have just replaced my irons and wedges in the last 2 months, so not them. The only one that I'm not 100% happy with is the Aeroburner MiniDriver. Whilst I like it, it annoys me that I feel I'm leaving yardage behind. After a winter of improving the swing, I'm thinking of swapping it out when the new M1 comes out. Thinking that head on a Project X HZRDUS should be able to get the yardage and accuracy I'm looking for.

Need to find a club in the slot between my heavenwood and my irons. Hybrids and me are not good so I'm Thinking apex utility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Driver.. Everything else has been replaced this year..

Need to find a club in my slot between my heavenwood and my irons. Hybrids and me are not good so I'm Thinking apex utility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's exactly where I'm at, I didn't even think about a utility iron. May have to try one.

Back