Bus

Touring Purple
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
~16
I've gradually settled in on not hitting anything inside 130 yards with a full swing, hitting anything from an 8 iron and shorter, usually with a half swing, sometimes choked up depending on the yardage. What's the longest yardage you take a full swing from, and anything you're thinking/trying to do with your less than full swings?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Haha full swing with my 55* wedge is 50 yards. So ... fiddy

I will full swing my 58° out of the rough green side. Open up the blade and swing!!!! I prefer not to do it, but sometimes necessary.

If I have a club that will work with a full swing, I make a full swing. The 60-degree wedge is the only one where I probably stop at something like a 3/4 swing, just because a full swing with the 60 makes the ball go straight up for miles with an unpredictable distance. But from 56-degree through Driver I always make a full swing if I can.

ps my full swing 56-degree distance is about 80 yards

Last edited:
Most of the times about 95 yards because that is where my 56 full swing is.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’ll full swing from my LW distance out. I’ll hit a partial for anything 5i and below. For me it’s mostly about distance. Every time I play for the extra roll it never seems to come, so I don’t count on it with receptive greens.

100 yds with the 60

Trying to do the clock drill with less than that

Full swing to me means swings about 85-90% which for me is what I do with most every shot beyond 85 yards.

I will full swing my 56 wedege, which is good for 90. That said, I will partial swing shots out to 120 if I want a different flight.

95 yards with the 58*

105 yards with 58*

85 yards with my 56 on a full swing for me

100 yards for me. Anything less than that is a partial swing.

110 with a 55. Have a 60, but no way will I try a full swing with that thing.

95-100 yards with a 58*

But it's really more of an 85% speed

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think part of it for me is feeling more confident hitting a knockdown/half swing PW than a full SW for example.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back