Who’s Gaming a PXG 3 Wood?!

dduarte85

Reaction score
Handicap
I’ve got friends in high and low places but regardless of where I roam I have yet to come across a friend, playing partner, etc who games PXG fairway woods or hybrids. The clubs certainly intrigue me and I’m trying to get my hands on one. I have an extra Oban Isawa FW shaft ready to find a new club and I’m leaning towards a Rogue or a PXG.

I’d love some firsthand feedback if any members are gaming one!

No way! Three in college and paying on a house

No way! Three in college and paying on a house

Wow, good on you! I just have the hefty mortgage but no kids yet.

The second hand deals across the net are decent. I worry about the counterfeit issue though.

Also, the head alone price isn't all that bad if you have a shaft at home that you prefer and just have a club maker pull and swap.

The number of irons in play here is under 5 so the number of anything else in the bag from PXG is going to be real low.

I can't say I've ever seen anything PXG in a bag in any foursome I've played in

The number of irons in play here is under 5 so the number of anything else in the bag from PXG is going to be real low.

Wow how do you search that?!

Wow how do you search that?!

No way to search just observation from the various threads. Many don’t like the price which is understandable because there are so many options at a lesser price. Some don’t like parsons so they won’t even consider the product. Not many places to demo especially for free. Including myself I only know of 1 other guy that for sure has them in the bag and one that had some and not sure if he still does as I haven’t paid attention to his witb in his sig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't say I've ever seen anything PXG in a bag in any foursome I've played in

Thanks to the military discount there’s going to be a bunch in bags around the dmv and based on the backlog pxg had after announcing the heroes program they will be in lots of bags. Up until a few weeks ago it was 4+ weeks from order to delivery. Now it’s back to about 15 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought 0311 XF irons via the 'Heroes' program. PXG irons are great clubs. Even with the 'Heroes' half-price discount, they are *up there* but comparable to other high end irons. I have never hit other PXG clubs, but my sense is that most of the engineering PXG has done in terms of making their clubs technically up there with the best clubs available has been focused on the irons. While those with PXG irons (as well as objective reviews online by Golf outlets) rave about the feel, look, and quality of PXG irons, I have found very little in the way of gushing praise when it comes to the other clubs PXG makes.

That's not to say that their woods, hybrids, etc... aren't outstanding. There's just not nearly the volume of reviews and feedback on the other clubs out there. Hopefully someone here can share their personal experiences.

On an unrelated note, I think it's amusing that any mention of PXG invariably results in 90% of responses fixated on cost of the clubs. Generally speaking, PXG makes one of the highest quality golf clubs you will find. Whether or not one wants to spend the cash on them or not is a separate discussion.

PXG deserves a lot of praise for helping out the Vets, it is a noble gesture and if they ever design a club without screws I may just have to give them a try.

Back