The Shanks - A Complete Mental Breakdown

dduarte85

Reaction score
Handicap
I’ve come across a bout of the shanks... it’s insane. Today I hopped out for a quick nine and was even through 5 when it happened. I hit a great drive and left myself with a 100 yards, normally a full 52 wedge. Stepped over the ball, felt great and there she went... dead right. Shank on 7, wow... what’s happening? Step up to the 9 and repeat... great driver, 4 wood, 60 yard pitch with a 56... shank OB.

A complet and utter mental breakdown...

how do y’all find a way to clear the mind, leave the issues on the course, and avoid the problems following you and creeping into other rounds?!

Understand it’s only a hobby, and not life-altering if I have a bad round.

Just put it behind you. Dwell on the good shots, and keep picturing those. Remind yourself you made great shots, the shank is just 1 awful shot that was mental lapse.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Funny how you know exactly what you need to do in terms of keeping calm but in the moment you throw the club against the bag and start swearing profusely under your breath! Funny game

I feel your pain. Did it twice today and honestly can't remember the last time I did it. First one was a 75 yard 3/4 LW. Not only did I sh@#k the 1st one, but dropped down 6 more balls and did the same with those 6 before finally giving up. The next one came 3 holes later from 40 yards with the same club. Did not hit extras that time because I had seen enough. Had a few other partial wedges within the next 4 or 5 holes and they ended up long and left as there was no freakin' way it was going to happen again...

Same... I had one about 4 rounds ago but prior to that, we are talking 4 years at least. Insane. It just happens! Good thing I have the Hogan wedges coming! Nothing like blaming a club! lol

Back