Most Memorable Major

I was at the Tiger and Bob May dual at Valhalla in 2000. I still smile when they show that clip of Tiger pointing the ball down as he follows it to the hole because I was standing on my tip toes looking over the heads of about 7 ot 8 rows deep of people 30 yards away directly behind him. That whole day was amazing.

My favorite on TV was either Tiger's first Masters where he shot 41 on the front 9 on Thursday but won by 9 or 10 strokes. The US Open he won at Pebble or his last one at Torrey Pines over 5 days with a torn ACL over Rocco Mediate. I am a big Tiger fan as you can see. Seeing Phil win his first Masters the year that Martha Burke was going to boycott the tourney and Augusta National just decided to pay CBS to show it with no commercials was interesting. Rory here in Louisville at Valhalla in 2014 was cool, The Phil v Stenson Open was awesome too.

2003 Masters, no doubt about it.

After that Major was over was the first time I ever started pestering my Dad that I wanted to go play golf. Prior to that it was my dad sort of dragging me along.

I'll never forget where I was when Tiger holed out for birdie on #16 @ Augusta in 2005. That one really sticks with me. I'm sure I followed much of his dominance in 2000, but nothing is burned in my mind like that one. I remember cheering out loud and hoping I didn't wake anyone because it must have been 1 or 2 in the morning and I was up after everyone else was asleep.

Back