The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two wisdom teeth pulled with only a local.

Headed home to rest, pray to avoid dry socket, and hopefully be able to drink/eat something before I take a pill.

Time to get a new dentist!!! You should be good in a day or two. Hold fast!

Headed home to rest, pray to avoid dry socket, and hopefully be able to drink/eat something before I take a pill.

That's rough friend. Do what they said though and you should avoid dry socket as best you can.

Time to get a new dentist!!! You should be good in a day or two. Hold fast!
Nope, they're really. Good.

I have a funeral tomorrow and couldn't come in for full iv work, so, there was no choice.

I have a funeral tomorrow and couldn't come in for full iv work, so, there was no choice.

Then sounds like you were in good hands. So glad my mom had mine done while in HS. I still remember thinking, "wait, they are going to take 4 teeth out that haven't even broken through yet?! Ummm, why?" I understand now.

Milkshake. Big, big milkshake. Don't use a straw though.

Hope the healing goes well. I got all four wisdom teeth pulled in high school and never had to take a pain pill for it, it's amazing the differences everybody has when it comes to wisdom teeth

No I'm sorry ma'am, wher as I do stand behind my work with pride. And fully warrantee said work. You kids miss use and destroying every screen on your screened in porch is clearly not my responsibility, nor will I fix it for a reduced rate. Perhaps you should "parent those devil inspired children to be accountable for their actions. Maybe even learn to appreciate the things you've given them a little more.. Okay thanks.

No 5 star rating on Angie's List for you!

I wish I could say that I'm stunned that anyone would even entertain trying to claim that as a warranty repair, but sadly the sense of entitlement is starting to infect our society as a whole.

No I'm sorry ma'am, wher as I do stand behind my work with pride. And fully warrantee said work. You kids miss use and destroying every screen on your screened in porch is clearly not my responsibility, nor will I fix it for a reduced rate. Perhaps you should "parent those devil inspired children to be accountable for their actions. Maybe even learn to appreciate the things you've given them a little more.. Okay thanks.

been through that a few times and it sucks. Hate pissing off customers but I'm not fixing what your heathen kid(s) destroyed for free or at reduced rate.

I did local with my last one and got another one that needs to come out. Only took one pill after, well till I decided to run a mudatholon the next day and mow 3acres washed a second one down that night with a brewskie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine we fully in by time I was 16, Then I went to bootcamp and was told I have to have them removed.
The dentist said "Ill have you out of here in 10 minutes....
When I told him I was to have 4 taken out, he said "Oh I know" laughed and jerked out all 4 in about 3 minutes.
Thank goodness I had straight roots.
Then sounds like you were in good hands. So glad my mom had mine done while in HS. I still remember thinking, "wait, they are going to take 4 teeth out that haven't even broken through yet?! Ummm, why?" I understand now.

No 5 star rating on Angie's List for you!

I wish I could say that I'm stunned that anyone would even entertain trying to claim that as a warranty repair, but sadly the sense of entitlement is starting to infect our society as a whole.

It's not the first time, nor will it be the last. Price for doing residential work. And add in the "Chevy Chase" attitude and it pretty much tells the story.

It's not the first time, nor will it be the last. Price for doing residential work. And add in the "Chevy Chase" attitude and it pretty much tells the story.

Chevy Chase? 'Nuff said.

Seal those bad boys up in a bag and you've got some good firestarter for a Bon fire when you get back home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm burning my clothes in between shelter visits and buying new ones.

Mine we fully in by time I was 16, Then I went to bootcamp and was told I have to have them removed.
The dentist said "Ill have you out of here in 10 minutes....
When I told him I was to have 4 taken out, he said "Oh I know" laughed and jerked out all 4 in about 3 minutes.
Thank goodness I had straight roots.

You are tougher than I am. One minute they were talking to me the next I was waking up and walking out to the car.

Hope the healing goes well. I got all four wisdom teeth pulled in high school and never had to take a pain pill for it, it's amazing the differences everybody has when it comes to wisdom teeth

This was exactly my experience. I looked like a chipmunk but had little to no pain after. My best friend had theirs done at the same time, same dentist, and they were in serious pain after. So it definitely shows, everyone's body reacts differently. Especially because mine were impacted and theirs were not.

I hope you are pain free and recover quickly, James!! And listen to others, lots of milkshakes with NO STRAW! It's the perfect excuse to eat ice cream. :wink:

Milkshakes are on the menu for sure. Terrified to eat anything right now though, starting with Apple juice and chicken broth.

Milkshakes are on the menu for sure. Terrified to eat anything right now though, starting with Apple juice and chicken broth.

Mashed potatoes are another good one, I basically had milkshakes, applesauce and mashed potatoes for a few days, then slowly graduated to eggs.

Mashed potatoes are another good one, I basically had milkshakes, applesauce and mashed potatoes for a few days, then slowly graduated to eggs.
Oh, yeah, manda went and got potatoes for cream cheese truffle mashed potatoes too. I always said I could live off those, I suppose we shall see!

Essentialy I'm just horrified of doing something that hurts, getting something in it, or getting dry socket.

Hope you're feeling okay, James. Lots of ice cream!

What is the criteria to get in the events?How is one chosen: Is it a random drawing - number of posts : activity + quality?
Is there a committee that picks? Do you avoid ones that may cause problems at the venues

This was exactly my experience. I looked like a chipmunk but had little to no pain after. My best friend had theirs done at the same time, same dentist, and they were in serious pain after. So it definitely shows, everyone's body reacts differently. Especially because mine were impacted and theirs were not.

I hope you are pain free and recover quickly, James!! And listen to others, lots of milkshakes with NO STRAW! It's the perfect excuse to eat ice cream. :wink:
I had probably the best experience with mine. All of mine were impacted and had all 4 removed at the same time. They gave me a little dropper with a bent squirty end to clean the sockets with warm salt water, dont use mouth wash like listerine as its to harsh on the wound. I was eating solid stuff within a day. I have heard dry sockets are one of the worse things in the universe though, but just rinse those suckers out religiously and youll be good. the pain meds were a nice perk to numb the pain as well.

I had mine pulled senior year of high school and lost feeling in the left side of my bottom lip for a couple years. Still tingles to this day. So that's fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back