Most Memorable Major

Scrap Iron

On The Eh Team
Reaction score
Handicap
Hero Shots
What major has been your favourite and left a lasting impression. Jack winning his 18th, something from Tigers dominance a great battle down the stretch like Phil and Stenson? What do you say THP what has had you on the edge of your seat?

What major has been your favourite and left a lasting impression. Jack winning his 18th, something from Tigers dominance a great battle down the stretch like Phil and Stenson? What do you say THP what has had you on the edge of your seat?
The '86 Masters when Jack won his 18th major. When Jack Nicklaus drained his eagle putt, sending son Jack II skyward. It was great because his son was on his bag and the excitement building as each hole was completed. I will never forget that Sunday. All time greatest moment to me.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Ben Crenshaw's very emotional win at the 1995 Masters right after his close friend and teacher, Harvey Penick, passed away. I was always a huge Crenshaw fan. This picture says it all.

ben-crenshaw-hugs-his-caddie-carl-jackson-on-the-eighteenth-green-picture-id51583658

Ben Crenshaw's very emotional win at the 1995 Masters right after his close friend and teacher, Harvey Penick, passed away. I was always a huge Crenshaw fan. This picture says it all.

ben-crenshaw-hugs-his-caddie-carl-jackson-on-the-eighteenth-green-picture-id51583658

Solid choice.

2014 PGA Championship at Valhalla. I watched it with my son, a Rory fan, who talked trash the whole back nine. It was such an exciting round, and one where my oldest went from someone whose dad liked golf to a golf fan himself.

Crenshaw's Masters, Daly's Open Championship, Tiger's dominance at Pebble Beach, Payne's '99 US Open.

That one has been magnified in my mind and heart because we lost him later that same year.

There are so many, it’s difficult to pick one. Jack in 86 is probably it. Tiger at Pebble, St. Andrews and Valhalla in 2000 and Royal Liverpool n 06. Being a Couples fan, the 92 Masters is one of my favorites. 98 and 06 broke my heart. Crenshaw in 95 and DL3 at Winged Foot in 97 are big sentimental picks for me.

Stenson’s British was fun to watch just for the back and forth with Phillieboy.

Tiger at Pebble for me.

Its interesting, i cant really say I have a "Most Memorable". Im not too emotionally attached to any one golfer, maybe Tiger, but even a decade ago for his last major win, I didnt love the game like I do now nor do I follow it as closely. I get more amped up for the Ryder Cup than I do for most majors. I still hate the fact that we blew the lead we had in the 2012 Ryder Cup

Tiger winning the open in 2008

SleepyDentalChupacabra-size_restricted.gif

Faldo’s first win at the Masters. I was a huge fan of Faldo. I remember staying up to the small hours of the morning on a school night to watch him win. Although I was playing before, it’s what really sparked the interest in me and made me decide I wanted to try and get good at the sport. Been trying ever since LOL.

#FiberLaunch

to me it's the 2003 Masters, Mike Weir changed golf for me on that weekend

Tiger's first Masters sticks out to me only because it is the first memory I have really following golf. We listened to coverage on a portable radio.
Also, the 2008 US Open at Torrey Pines. Following the playoff while trying to get work done.
2017 Masters. First visit to Augusta. I can still see our walk through the National vividly in my memory.

Two of my most memorable majors were at Augusta: Jack in '86, then Phil's win in 2004. The third was the 2009 Open - I was absolutely crushed when Tom Watson missed the putt on 18 to win.

Tiger-Rocco because I was able to watch the entire Monday finish

Faldo overtaking Norman at Augusta
Faldo’s 18 straight pars at Muirfied
Van De Velde blowing up at Carnoustie
Ollie winning at Augusta
Stenson Vs Michelson
Cink ‘killing Bambi’ by beating Tom in the playoff (if only Westwood had realised par down 18 was good enough)
Freddie in 92
Seve’s fist pumps
Adam Scott caving in for Els to win at Lytham.

'86 Masters (Nicklaus)
'97 Masters (Woods)
'00 PGA (Woods defeated Bob May at Valhalla)

Lee Trevino winning the Open Championship 1971 and 1972. Lee won the U.S. Open, Canadian Open then the British Open in 1971, beat Jack in 1972 after Jack won the Masters and U.S. Open to start the year. Then the duel in the Sun between Tom Watson and Jack.

Then the Duel in the Sun between Tom Watson and Jack.

You beat me to it holehigh. The 1977 Open Championship at Turnberry, the 1st ever Open it hosted, was the ultimate one-on-one battle between Jack & Tom. Great shots by great players on a great course, absolutely timeless.

Back