What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Srixion AD-333 that my SS sent me. The course was wet so there was no roll out and the balls stuck on the greens very well. Felt a little clanky for my liking but being wet they were just fine.

In the early 1970s, I abandoned the balata-covered and wound Spalding Dot for the Spalding Top Flite--the original version with the then standard 336 dimple pattern, not the Top Flite XL.

Titleist players jokingly referred to it as the "Rock Flite," but I got my handicap down to an eight playing with that model golf ball, and I continued to play it for as long as it was still made.

Spalding has abandoned the golf business and doesn't make the urethane-covered Top Flite Gamer Tour that I play now. It's not remotely like the original Top Flite, but it has the familiar name and in golf, at least, I'm a creature of habit.

Last model year e5. Wife found a few that were supposed to be xmas gifts last year... Still holds up well. I think they might even spin a little more than the new ones. I had a few shots that came back a considerable amount for me.

I rotate between 3 balls. In the summer and spring I play either Nike rzn black or b330 tour and in the winter and fall I play PROV1X.

Love the feel of the prov1x, but it just spins so much compared to the our 2 and is why i only play it during colder conditions when i can use the extra "feel".

Still playing the Callaway Chrome Truvis, solid ball and so easy to identify.

Bridgestone B330RX is simply the ball I should be playing. It spins well into greens, it's durable, and I like the feel. I might not always play them, but I realize now it's what I'm always comparing a ball to.

After playing pro v1x last time out I decided today to play a few pro v1s that I've found lately. Even though they are supposed to spin a little more than the 1x, which isn't necessarily good for me, I guess I'm not good enough to notice much of a difference between them.

Played the Wilson Staff Duo yesterday. Had some long drives, iron approach shots, which usually are a little longer than other balls for me, was not very noticeable. Not sure if it was my lack of approach prowess, lower temps, or just the ball.
Lack of spin greenside, as expected, and these tend to roll out more than I like. Nice off the putter, as expected, with a little more pop than my usual balls. Nothing that could not be overcome.
This is a great ball at its price point.

My last round of 2015 I used a Titleist velocity which is a great ball for my game. Best ball flight for me. I also used the Wilson duo which has great feel but I felt like the ball flight was a bit unpredictable. Will be giving the velocity and laddie x a go in 2016.

the last 3 round with 3 different balls wislon duo 2014, chrome soft, snell my tour. i would play with any one of these without reservation. of the 3 i would have no clear ball of choice. maybe the snell...?

Played the Bridgestone e7 yesterday. #Balla!

JM

I played an E6 yesterday for the first time in a long time. I usually play a v1X, and I don't think I'll be switching any time soon. It was fairly long, but I felt like I had very little control around the green.

Cant say.

But, I was amazed, and need MORE. So good off the tee, amazing on my shots in to the green, and short game spinny spin spin.

Cant say.

But, I was amazed, and need MORE. So good off the tee, amazing on my shots in to the green, and short game spinny spin spin.

I can't wait for this ball to come out. If it's the same brand that i think you guys played I love the previous edition.

Cant say.

I hope this is a teaser to #bestballever !!!

i also cannot say what i played, but color me impressed. impressively straight off the tee, great spin with approach shots, soft feel off the putter. something i would game in a heartbeat. and that's saying a lot because i love the chromesoft so much. i would say this ball - whatever it is! - is everything i love about the chromesoft while feeling a bit firmer. i know people complain about the mushy feeling of the chromesoft (something i can't say has ever bothered me), so there was nothing mushy about this ball but it performed perfectly.

Played Nike RZN White the other day. For a softer ball, I was pleased with it's performance, especially with the irons.

Cant say.

Go ahead and say. No one is watching or reading. :wink:

Played Nike RZN White the other day. For a softer ball, I was pleased with it's performance, especially with the irons.

I'm a fan of this one. not the softest off the driver but it performs.

I played the last pack of the old Callaway Chrome+ that I had. They really were a solid ball, I liked them but I do like playing the Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis better though.

I played a Titleist Truesoft and I liked it. I actually back that ball up 3 feet on a Par 3 hole! Ball feels great off the tee and around the green. It is no ProV1 but a nice ball for a weekend golfer like me. Tim

Bridgestone B330 RXS... I love this ball. It's my go to ball. Will purchase them at any price. Sale or not.

Cant say.

I can't wait till you can say!

Today I played a Chromesoft I found. This is the first time I have played this ball and can see what all the fuss is about. I had one spin back today and it's been a while since I've done that. I may have found my new ball.

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Cant say.

Me too. Might be the best ball I have played in quite some time.

The 25th will be here soon.

Back