Together We Change - 2016 Golf Goals

Golf goals are going to be pretty back burner this year, my wife and I are expecting our 4th child in late March. Anyone who knows me knows I will still find my way on to the course though. I am going to have to keep my goals pretty modest from an improvement standpoint as I have no idea when I will be able to practice.

1. Play in at least one official THP event. (fingers crossed for Wilson Staff!)

2. Walk more than I ride while playing.
3. Get back to a consistent one way miss off the tee. (stop chasing distance and keep it in play :banghead:)

Golf related goals Goals for 2016.

1. See that index dip below 10, just for a month would be fine. Currently at 12.1
2. Get back down to 190-195 lb range. The holidays have me up to almost 210 (We'll maybe it was more than the holidays).
3. Take my 2.5 year old son to the course once a month, range or for 9 holes.

My 2016 goals are pretty simple at this point:

1. Continue to work on getting back into shape and losing weight. Off to good start over the last couple of months, but a long ways to go.

2. Work on the final swings changes that my instructor and I have discussed. Seeing signs of those changes being integrated, but the more I get into shape - I think they will become easier to implement.

3. Get my first HOF tag

4. Continue to play with THPers and play in THP events.

5. Continue to work and improve on short game.

At this writing, my first priority is to get healthy, which includes losing about 25 pounds. I need to do this in order to play more than just 18 holes on a given day and to play on consecutive days.

I also need to gain more confidence in my ability to play and compete with my mostly younger buds. Even many, many years ago, when I was playing on my high school baseball team, many of my fellow teammates were praying to hit the winning home run, while I was praying, Oh God, don't let me be the one to cause us to lose this game. I have no problem entering individual golf events, but I hesitate entering team events. I know I shouldn't and it costs me the opportunity to enjoy participating with my friends, especially those here at THP, but it remains very difficult for me.

Regarding the specifics of my game, I have found an instructor that I like very much and we have established some specific goals. My current index is 15.9 and we have targeted a 12 when the machines close next year. I will definitely be targeting my sand bunker play, that alone should drop my handicap by 2 strokes, my current bunker play is awful, I either leave it in the bunker or fly the green currently. Now I must use what I call a BAS--bunker avoidance shot. We have established a 9.9 index as my long term goal.

Your game is good enough to play with any age and I have seen you play good golf from tees that are one box behind where you normally play and are comfortable at. Get healthy and I know the rest will take care of itself

My 2016 golf goals are:
- achieve a 10 handicap (currently 15.5 and trending down)
- Play in 5 tournaments at my home course, including the club championship qualifier
- Attend 2 THP events, regional rivalry and one I have to travel to attend.

My 2016 goal is as follows:
* break 80 at least once, and 90 consistently.

I know I can break 100 if I am out and have time to collect, but that style of play doesn't travel at all. So no matter how, I will be there.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

My 2016 goals:
- Lose some damn weight.
- ≥ 1 range session per week on top of golfing. I'd like more, but life may not allow it.
- Figure out my full swing to get me back to a mostly straight shot shape. I'll take a draw or a fade at this point. Tired of hitting a massive hook.
- Short game. Found some good areas around here to work on that and will be using them as weather allows.
- Mid length game. I've been a 'layup to 100' golfer forever. I want to get to the point where I can hit those 20-80 yard shots consistently so I don't have to be so afraid of going a little long on approach.
- Ball striking. I hit it pretty well now, but want to get more consistent with everything and start removing those chunky shots from my game. This is both for full and partial swings.

Looks like I need to reach out to my coach. :bulgy-eyes:

2016 goals:
-Down to a 10 HC (Currently 15.5)
-Short game (125 and in) I want to be confident pulling a wedge no matter the lie. I need to give myself chances to get up and down when missing the green
-Golf lessons (never had them, and I need to see an instructor)
-Play in a THP event and with local THPer's (hopefully RR)
-Consistent practice

2016 Goals:

1. Play in some kind of THP get together/event again this year.

2. Work on having a more consistent game both physically and mentally

3. Break 80 again

4. Drop body fat % to single digit for first time ever.

5. Beat my buddy for first time ever.

My 2016 golfing goals:

1: Make the cut for Regional Rivalry.

2: Get back down to a 12 handicap. I know that dropping 8 strokes seems like a lot in a year, but I believe that I can do it with some work and fixing a couple key things that cost me a lot. I have been there before and the main difference is my wedge game and keeping the ball in play off the tee to avoid the big numbers.

3: Travel more to play. I want to play more courses. I spent the majority of this year playing the same 2 or 3 courses.

4: Most important: Do all of this while still having fun. Do not make golf feel like work to achieve my goals.

My only goals are to play more (job change???), keep my handicap in check and win more skins money!

1. Drop another 10 lbs to get below 185.
2. Have more fun golfing. Took it a bit to serious at times this year.
3. Practice putting and short game at least once a week. (I've made this goal 3 years running and failed to keep it up each year)
4. Win the THP Kickoff Classic with the Wool Warriors!
5. Get in 2 additional THP events.
6. Get back to single digits again. No reason I shouldn't be a steady 8 index most of the year. Just need to put in the work to get and stay there.

1. Improve ball striking consistency.
2. Improve FIR consistency. It's 43% right now. I'd like to improve it to 57%.
3. Improve GIRs. Right now I average 4 per round. I'd like to average 7 or 8. That should put me solidly into the 80s. This can be done by practicing approach shots 100 - 140 yds.
4. Improve pitching inside of 35 yds. Seriously my short game needs work.
5. Improve putting. While 37 putts per round isn't bad, it's not good.

Have more fun golfing. Play in more PNW THP events.

1. Keep playing with my son when possible and also get my young daughter out for first time.

2. Lose weight and improve strength / flexibility.

3. Play with more feel and rhythm and less worry about technical aspects of my swing. I tend to get too technical on the course.

4. Take some lessons. Work on not coming over the top and more inside.

5. Continue the progress I made in 2015 on improving my short game. This was a game changer for me and I need to keep grinding on chipping, pitching, sand game.

6. Play more rounds than this year.

7. Shoot at least half my rounds in 80s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get down to a 13 or below.
Remind myself I fix helicopters not play golf for a living when it all goes pear shaped.
Maintain some form of consistency.

If I can keep my current employment where I am able to practice every day this should be achievable within the year.

Improve 175-225 stats.
Practice when I practice. Golf when I golf.
From 70 yards and in. Turn 3 into 2 at an alarming rate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Main goals for 2016:
1) Lower handicap to 15 or less: Shoot consistently in the 80’s
2) Enjoy every round and have fun playing and practicing
3) Get my youngest son interested in golf and enjoying playing

The details & short term, intermediate goals I need to flesh out a bit

Last winter I focused on my game around the greens and I think that part of my game improved exponentially. This year it will be my approach game from 100-130 yards. Harder to work on but could payoff greatly.

I already know my goals for 2016 and I think they are very attainable.

Golf related:
3. Make it to an official THP event.
2. Track and Lower my handicap by at least 5 stroke, goal is to be sub 20
1. And this is the one that I had last year that I accomplished and would like to do again "ENJOY THE GAME" Plain and simple.

Now non golf related goals:
2. Get back in shape, I have put on way to much weight over the past 2-3 years and I need to drop it.
1. Wake up everyday and be thankful, basically try to cut the negative out and try and stop the negative thinking. (Hardest one as I find myself at times being a bit to pessimistic and that needs to stop)

I suppose my golf related goals for next year are:

1. Have fun
2. Take a couple lessons
3. Play around 30 rounds or so including a THP event if I can get in.
4. Practice frequently
5. Break 100 consistently

I suppose my golf related goals for next year are:

1. Have fun
2. Take a couple lessons
3. Play around 30 rounds or so including a THP event if I can get in.
4. Practice frequently
5. Break 100 consistently

He summed up mine pretty well. I'll add one more: make the switch from a baseball hat to a bucket hat.

My 2016 goal are drop my handicap to close to single digits. Earn a HOF tag. Play in alteast 1 or 2 events and meet more amazing THPers

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

2016 Goals:

1. Become a Father
2. Get a promotion at work
3. Earn a HoF Tag
4. Get more consistent off the tee
5. Make more putts inside of 10 feet

As an addendum for my previous post, and with more gravitas, I submit:
Goal one-A. Belonger off the tee, not Gunner long, but longer than I now hit it.
Goal one-B. Do not let the lust for distance make me lose my ability to keep the ball in the fairway

Goal two Make my pitches/chips finish within 2 feet of the cup, consistently

Goal three. Develop more confidence in the clubs I have now.

Back