What Is The One Club You Are Replacing In 2016

Definitely wedges for sure but I'm still looking for a forged cavity back iron that will give be the feel and consistency of my blades with a touch more forgiveness and higher launch.

Most likely my 55* Wedge....need to find a sole grind which works for me.

Outside of that - have been pondering replacing my 3H but not sure yet...

Possibly a driver after some extensive testing first.

Maybe even throwing out the 60* and replacing it with something else

Adding a Heavenwood to the bag, and besides that unless I get into something big that may #ChangeTheGame I'm pretty well set.

Need 2 more MD3 wedges to replace my SCOR wedges. That's it. I'm happy everywhere else

I don't necessarily need to replace any. However, either driver or irons would be it for me.

I don't need to replace anything which is nice. I get along well with my set and really should just work on my swing but IF I was going to switch anything, id like to try the gbb and m1 driver along with apex and m1 hybrids.

Need a wedge or two but the driver will be swapped out for sure.

Dan
Divot Diggers Golf

Sharing the love of golf through those that suck at it

I'll be replacing my Driver and Wedges.

This year was my set changing year although my metals remain from the early 90s.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a "new to me" set of irons coming on the 31st. When I get the yardages figured out a wedge set will be purchased to get the correct gaping.

If we're just talking one club, the most likely is probably the driver for me. I want to upgrade to the 816 DBD at some point and I doubt I'll be able to hold out all year.

Beyond just one club, I'm fairly likely switch my wedge setup from 52-56-60 to 50-54-58 to fix a gapping issue between my PW and my 52. I may experiment with 50-56-60 to keep the cost down though.

My only other consideration is swapping out my 4 iron for an Apex 4 hybrid, just because everyone has such great things to say.

Getting a new driver January.

The one with the grip on it.

Full bag renovation is incoming in a few weeks.

5 deep, if I can find something better.

I'm definitely getting new irons. So for the one club I'm definitely replacing, I'll say my 8 iron :D.

The putter is a perpetual struggle until I find the one that makes the putts I miss.

Probably driver and putter. Maybe hybrids.

Fairway woods and possibly a 4 hybrid

Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

If I do replace something it will probably be Driver, 3 wood and or add a hybrid. Irons, wedges and putter all stay....for now.

I will be getting new gap and sand wedges this season, most likely when the new Vokey SM6's come out. I am thinking of switching to 50/54 instead of 52/56...

Also, I have tossed around the idea of consolidating my fairway woods from a 3 & 5w to a single 4w. I really like the performance and adjustability of the new Callaway 816 16*...

Right now I think I am very set. More focus is on tweaking the swing and fitness than the equipment.

Probably my Tour Edge 1Out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

My SW would be the only consideration and I have the likely hood of even that happening at around 20%.

Back