If you won a trip who would you take?

DH27

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
About 15
OK hypothetical question. You win a free golf trip for four all expenses paid to some place warm.
Who would you take? What about your non golf playing wife?
What buddies do you take and who do you leave behind?

OK hypothetical question. You win a free golf trip for four all expenses paid to some place warm.
No to my wife golf trips are guys trips to me. If she doesn't golf why use a spot up?

As far as golf buddies I would take the ones that would want to go even if it wasn't free.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I would take my dad and a couple friends who really love golf.

Since it is a golf trip, regardless of destination, my wife would want me to take 3 golfing buddies. I am very lucky in that regard.

I would definitely take a buddy of mine that is a THP member but is not active. The other 2 would definitely be THPers.

Wife = no
THP'ers = yes

That would be me and 3 fellow THPers. Lynne would get to see the pictures, lol.

Seriously she would want me to take 3 THPers unless the trip was to Hawaii then she would insist on going, we love it there.

I have pondered this a lot, and it would be tough having so many good friends and golf buddies here in town.
I entered one that was for only 2 people, and that would have REALLY stressed me out.

Wife only goes if a good beach is involved.

My wife does not golf so I don't think she would want to go. I would take my 3 best friends and have a great time.

I get to do this each year.
Instead of choosing, I bring THPers and hold contests to see who wants to go with me.
#TheGrandaddy of em all!!!!

Girlfriend doesn't really play golf and she would tell me not to pick her.

So it would be THPers or guys that I consistently play golf with.

I would bring these guys
f56d551ad62eedca34c02476b9fe108a.jpg

Since the last time I tried to golf with my gf she almost took my eye out with a 9 iron.... I'd take my dad and do a contest for 2 THPers for the other spots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mean to sound grumpy, but I wouldn't go.

I'm retired. If I wish to visit somewhere, I go. If I haven't already gone or planned to go, I didn't want to go there in the first place.

As for wives, she's occasionally taken vacations with our married daughter instead of me. Their going can be in itself a little vacation for my son-in-law and myself.

I, on the other hand, rarely go anywhere without my wife. I've gone to boxing matches in New York and Las Vegas and although she won't come to the fights, she comes along anyway to relax in the hotel. She usually drags me to a show on another night.

I went to too many labor union conventions without her over the years, have some regrets about my behavior on some of them, and now, I'd just as soon have her with me.

She doesn't play golf, so I don't go on golf trips. (I have gone on them, but I don't anymore.) During the summer months, I play from three to five times a week. That's enough golf for me. I've been playing since 1959.

I'm taking my dad and two of my uncles.

I don't mean to sound grumpy, but I wouldn't go.

So a trip to play Augusta National or a place like the Hideaway you would not want to go?
Everybody is different of course

I'd bring my brother and two cousins. We don't get to play together all that often, maybe a couple times a year, and the trip would be a great way to get together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would probably take some guys from my regular group or THPeeps! Anybody else and it just wouldn't be as fun. Wife stays home for that trip.

JM

So a trip to play Augusta National or a place like the Hideaway you would not want to go?
Everybody is different of course

I'm not young.
My travel lust has diminished.
This past summer I went to Vancouver and San Francisco and was exhausted 90% of the time.

In any case, Augusta National is one of the last places I'd want to go. Antebellum Southern charm is lost on someone like me. I always preferred neon. And now, I really enjoy home. I'd miss my dog.

I'm not young.
My travel lust has diminished.
This past summer I went to Vancouver and San Francisco and was exhausted 90% of the time.

In any case, Augusta National is one of the last places I'd want to go. Antebellum Southern charm is lost on someone like me. I always preferred neon. And now, I really enjoy home. I'd miss my dog.

Its why I included The Hideaway, which is the opposite of Augusta, but like I said, everybody is different.
I dont love travel and love to be home with my wife and puppies. At the same time, there is something about being on truly epic grounds where the world is your oyster that come around once in a lifetime (or twice for TexasHacker).

If it was for two people and my wife wanted to go, she does play, off we would go. Chances are she would bow out so I could take a friend.

If for 4, it would be a friend from college in Virginia, my brother in law and a friend in British Columbia.

Lol, My wife is a golfer so she'd be coming. Then I'd try and track down another THP'r in the area who's wife golfs. That could be a two fold win-win

Back