THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Will MVP be announced at dinner still or will it need to be post event?

Will a captain or both get a vote?

MVP will in fact be announced at dinner.
More on the voting soon, but considering the MVP could be the captain, it will not be captain votes solely

MVP will in fact be announced at dinner.
More on the voting soon, but considering the MVP could be the captain, it will not be captain votes solely
Roger that

1. What is your current index? .2
2. What is your goal index wise by the time of the event? +2 or better
3. What do you consider are your strengths of your golf game? decently long off the tee, good iron player, great short game. However greatest strength is belief in myself and ability to grind out scores.
4. What are your weaknesses that you need to improve? I play overly aggressive and make a few to many silly bogeys. Make enough birides to offset the bogeys, but no bogeys is better some bogeys
5. What kind of player are you teammate wise when playing alongside a fellow teammate? Good teammate, I feel I can play good in any situation. Because of this I feel my role is to create an environment that allows my teammate to play his best.
6. What is your plan to help assure your team is victorious in June? My instructor and I already have a plan in place to make 2016 my best year of golf yet. In addition whatever I can do to help Team OHIO to win I'm in, be it practice rounds, advice, support, in person or on THP.
7. Why do you want to be apart of this team? I am OHIO Proud the chance rep my state, and play competitive golf - why wouldn't I want in. Beyond that it is a chance to golf with other THPers. I have yet to meet anyone from THP that I wouldn't call a friend. I can't imagine this will be any different.
8. Why should I pick you? Competitive golf is what I do, nearly every round I play is competitive whether it be tournament, skins, or cash games. I am used to pressure situations on the golf course. In addition competition has pretty much been my whole life from team sports in high school and college, to individual events after getting out of school. At the end of the day I just want Team Ohio to win and am willing to do my part no matter the role.

Last edited:
ATTENTION OHIO HOPEFULS

Since we wont have time for a "draft combine" I would like anyone interested in making the team to answer these questions via PM (you can post them here too, but I want a PM so I can keep tabs easier).

1. What is your current index?
2. What is your goal index wise by the time of the event?
3. What do you consider are your strengths of your golf game?
4. What are your weaknesses that you need to improve?
5. What kind of player are you teammate wise when playing alongside a fellow teammate?
6. What is your plan to help assure your team is victorious in June?
7. Why do you want to be apart of this team?
8. Why should I pick you?
Clearly I am not from OHIO but I wish I was for this event. I would like to share my answers as to why I would like to play for Team Ohio if I was eligible. Here goes:

1. What is your current index?
Kyrie Irving
2. What is your goal index wise by the time of the event?
Lebron James (still not better than Jordan)
3. What do you consider are your strengths of your golf game?
Dropping Bombs, pured iron shots, Phil Michelson touch and Tiger Woods putting stroke circa '02
4. What are your weaknesses that you need to improve?
Getting the ball in the hole in one shot every time (so much easier than putting)
5. What kind of player are you teammate wise when playing alongside a fellow teammate?
I'm like Michael Jordan when I need to be the leader, Scottie Pippin if I need to be the wing man or Dennis Rodman when its time to get after it. Or Mike Dean when I need to talk smack (#441>#Chad)
6. What is your plan to help assure your team is victorious in June?
I will be practicing golf every day while listening to Ric Flair motivational speeches and wooooooooos
7. Why do you want to be apart of this team?
Because this will be the first ever winning team to come out of the state of OHIO and I'm all about making history (Can I get two claps and a Ric Flair)
8. Why should I pick you?
See answers 1-7 above

I mean I might need to move to Ohio after this entry. Or 441 you might need to make an exception!

Pringles

Thanks for the quick turnaround on the questions fellas, I know there are plenty more interested too

Also, here is a list of folks I have heard back from

PhillyV
Cbaker2882
Bullfrog
Mmaynard11
Gunner
Brins
Ntanygd760
Pinslayer216
The Milk Man
Misike

Last edited:
That's it? man, I'm a little disappointed. Seems like MI numbers to me.....

That's it? man, I'm a little disappointed. Seems like MI numbers to me.....

I know we got way more signing up, heck I know of 2 tied up with newborns at the moment

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Lol at milk man being "decently long off the tee"

Lol at milk man being "decently long off the tee"

shhhh, I want it to be a secret.

Its more like

"Off the tee Im just slightly longer than 441"

I know we got way more signing up, heck I know of 2 tied up with newborns at the moment
Haha. I know you do. There were twice the number just at the Sims the other day.

Haha. I know you do. There were twice the number just at the Sims the other day.

441 should tell them about this forum on the THP website. :D

441 should tell them about this forum on the THP website. :D
you would think as a 3 time HOFer he would have some decent awe factor, apparently Quidditch is more important to the Ohio contingent.

you would think as a 3 time HOFer he would have some decent awe factor, apparently Quidditch is more important to the Ohio contingent.

Lets not get carried away, we get 12 guys to golf any time on no notice, while most places have to plan weeks in advance to get 1 4some

your negatively could impact your ranking too

There is a recruiting application for this? What in the world have I missed???!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To answer your question, you didn't miss anything.
There is no "application". Jdtox just asked a few days ago that any Michiganders interested to send him a PM saying so and why. That is all I did. Some people posted here.

Lets not get carried away, we get 12 guys to golf any time on no notice, while most places have to plan weeks in advance to get 1 4some

your negatively could impact your ranking too

You should send them the MVP info when you organize your next Twelvesome. This way they hit up the check in desk...haha

For all of the knock on Michigan, I think they are leading the activity counter right now, and that is with some on the list not posting much.

I have no idea who is posting where, as I have not looked.

Maybe the problem is not with Ohio'ans but who they don't want to play for.

#JustBrainstorming

#JustBrainstorming

Maybe there's no problem?

#JustBrainstorming

yawn...go back to DFW thread

Dont worry 441, once you add another HOF tag in February, the players will come out of hiding. I mean MikeDean445 has a decent ring to it.

Did this thread get merged with #TheCup thread?

Back