Do the clubs a tour pro plays influence your buying?

waazzupppp

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm just wondering how many of you are influenced by what you see tour pros playing on TV (or in person). Have you ever purchased a new driver because someone hit it well on the big screen? Did you grab a wedge because someone hit an impossible chip shot? Anything goes, but most of all, have you bought ANYTHING because of a tour pro using it???

I have to admit that it does to an extent. I've got more than a few pros that I like and pull for and I take notice of what they play.

Nope, not at all for me

No, not at all.

Not a bit. They play an entirely different game than I do.

Good question !
I've thought about it some and can't say I've ever bought a particular club because a Tour player was using same.

Not in the least. While I find it interesting what clubs they are playing. We are not playing the same game in reality and what suits a Pro is not going to help me play better.

The only thing I have ever bought a pro used was a cool hat. As far as clubs nope.

Nope, but I'll look at a shirt.

Not equipment. Have shoes or a shirt.

Negative...cause i suck

Probably the most distinguishing club that a pro uses is a putter. I think a lot of TM Spiders have been sold based on its tour success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely not at time of purchase, but post purchase I do admit to wanting players who play the same brand as me to do well over others if I don't really have a favourite in the fight

It used to. But then I came back down from the clouds and realized that I'm a mere mortal and these guys are ultra-talented anomalies.

I'd sooner buy and use a driver Just Like Tigers than to wear any of the stuff Nike dresses him in.

Not something I ever remember doing. I pay a lot more attention to how and why they do things in certain scenarios than their gear.

I used to really pay attention to this but not so much anymore. Since coming to THP and meeting guys I'm more likely to buy something those guys are playing instead of a pro.

Nah, but what @ddec plays does. :alien:

It sure does. I know that I have nowhere near the swing of pros but if I see free agent players going to a certain brand that certainly has an influence on me. Similar with players that have equipment contracts but still play a different brands driver, etc., it will at least catch my attention.

Back