Do you want to know your score at the turn?

Bunker Snot

**** 2024 GOAT Cup **** $$$ Team MIKE $$$
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Sunday I played a very easy +4 through the front nine and my playing partner throws out the "nice 40 on the front" needless to say the back nine went double, double, triple... round blown. Do you think about or want to know your score at the turn?

No. I don't want to know anything until we're either unloading the cart in the parking lot ot at the table inside if we stay afterwards.

I know about how I did, but I don't want to know I only need a bogey on the last and I still break XX. I'll put one OB and get a double or worse easy!

Absolutely not!

This is a new thing trying to get better at the mental game but so far it hasn’t really made a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shouldn't but I do

Nope, don’t want to know....

I definitely want to know at the turn. A few weeks ago I was playing in Florida and was really struggling out of the rough and speed of the greens.. and was not sure how bad the score was. 42 at the turn.

I was more embarrassed than anything else and managed a 35 on the back.

On the flip side of I'm playing lights out I would rather not know,, but it's rare if I dont know when I'm under par. If I'm a few under at the turn that's all I'm concerned with not the actualy 33 or 34 number. Not knowing the actual number allows me to not think too far ahead and a final round number. If in my head I know I'm headed for a 66 I'll tighten up. If I know im at -4 or -5 I have a drive to get to -6. For some reason that works for me. Knowing what the final score would or could be ends with steered shots.

For me I just want to know relation to par.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

No, I don't like knowing where I"m at till the round is over. I don't want to get caught up in trying to make up for where my round is at any certain point. Better for me to just focus on the shot in front of me that way.

No I don't usually want to know. I have a general idea where I am and usually its not great.:banghead:

I do want to know. The front is easier than the back at my course so I have different goals for each.

Doesn't really matter, I usually have a pretty good idea anyway, since I'm almost always the one keeping score. I don't add it up at the turn, but I usually know about where I'm at.

Doesn't really matter, I usually have a pretty good idea anyway, since I'm almost always the one keeping score. I don't add it up at the turn, but I usually know about where I'm at.
Same, I'm always pretty aware of score.

But I've learned to not put too much into it. Sounds silly but I view each hole as a new adventure, each swing as a step taken within. Nothing to be won nor lost with any one stroke so I might as well stay in the moment.

Case in point some rounds back. Shot well on the front, tripled the 10th mostly due to a lost ball (that shouldn't have been lost, LOL!!!). Years ago, this would elicit a funk of undetermined amount of holes to ease.

Now, I just shrug my shoulders, shake my head and let it go. Despite feeling less than confident, I went on to birdie three holes and par the rest to break even on the back. In the past, with a less than optimal mental approach, that would be a near certain impossibility.

Stay in the moment with each and every pass at the ball, I beat it into my head like a drum. In doing that, awareness of score doesn't mean a thang.

The more I pay attention the more I struggle coming in, so no. And I usually let the others in my group know that so they don't inadvertently tell me.

I know it at all times. I used to try to not pay attention but it did no good for me, plus, as a HS coach now I'm just programed to count.

I always know it from one hole to the next through 18. I don't even bother with a scorecard. Just keep the over/under number in my head.

I know my score every second I'm on the course. Don't even fill out a scorecard half the time

I don't add them up until the end of the round but I typically know within a couple/few strokes anyway. I've always been pretty good about staying in the moment for the shot right in front of me whether I know or not. I can't do anything about the shots/holes I've already played, same for ones I'm about to face a few holes later, so why dwell on them. Match play is obviously a little different, even then knowing the accumulated score isn't what's important.

Honestly, I have it in my head anyways.... So it doesn't matter.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm usually the one responsible for taking down scores, so it's hard for me to not know my score. Nonetheless, I know my score in my head at all times.

I know I shouldn't count but I do... also, I have an impeccable memory and can recall every shot in my head and so I know where I stand without looking.

Nope, sure don't. I don't want to know my score, I don't want to know where I stand in relation to my quota in a points game, I just want to play golf.

I can't possibly avoid knowing my score at the turn, after the round, after every hole, during every hole. I'd have to be doing some kind of intensive Jedi Mind Trick on myself during the round to NOT know what my score is. It's an affliction that probably gets in the way of my performance but less so than, say, my driver swing or my chipping yips.

I know my score at all times for the most part from just keeping it in my head so it doesn't bother me to know it at the turn. Try to play good golf on the back whether my front 9 was terrible or great.

It's in my head so doens't really matter. It is just a number.

I do. I frankly struggle with simple math sometimes. I want to know the score to get it out of my head so I can focus on the next hole.

I keep it but try and avoid tallying it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back