THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

That's a fine looking course.

Probably my only strength but looks like I won't be able to participate in this one. Good luck to all that do from NY/NJ and NE.

Damn I've been looking forward to rooting on as many guys from WNY as possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ranch is a sweet track. 16 is pictured in this thread, it's an insanely downhill par 5. ddec and I played it a few years ago, that hole was played 598 yards, I went driver-hybrid onto the green, it was awesome.

IIRC, almost all of the par 5s are reachable in 2 with good drives, that makes it fun.

Got asked today what the MVP was and how it was considered. I thought I would give a brief synopsis since the MVP gets an all expenses paid trip by THP to True Temper where they will have the red carpet unrolled and taken behind the scenes to see stuff that virtually nobody gets to see.

The MVP is not just about points and golfing ability. It is all encompassing and will be broken down into these 4 things.

Play on the course - 25%
Sportsmanship - 25%
Being active on the entire THP forum leading up to the event - 25%
Being active on the THP forum during the event - 25%

Those four things are what it's about. For those that will say "I dont have time to be on the forum all day every day". We would never expect that or even necessarily reward that. Lives are out there, family is out there and of course work is out there. However with that said, to the victor goes the spoils and while quantity is not a necessity, quality is. Take the time to talk golf around the forum. Take the time to talk about the equipment. Take the time to talk about True Temper's latest offerings. If you don't know things, ask questions, if you would like more info. This is not about just posting each day a couple of times in the regional rivalry thread, or your local area thread, but being the MVP of the team on this forum.

Hope that helps answer the question and if you have any others, I am always happy to answer those as well.

Course looks amazing!! Great job ddec and JB. Hoping I get to tee it up there with everyone!

So pumped about the location!!!! Amazing course!

Even if I don't make it on to the team, I'm coming to this one

Love the new details and looking forward to finding a good bribe for Dean.

Never thought I'd see a THP event that close to my house. Never haha

Never thought I'd see a THP event that close to my house. Never haha

You and me both. If we don't get on the team we can play the goat track across the street lol

The course looks awesome! Pumped for NY/NJ to get a chance to dominate !

I remember when I first played this course in 2010ish or so. I was only in my second year playing and man as soon as I stepped on that fairway I knew 1. Damn this is a nice course 2. I am nowhere near good enough to play it 3. Did I bring enough golf balls?

It's just an awesome picturesque course. It's gonna be a lot of fun.

very nice looking layout, looks like a nice place for some great competition.

How does one get in this

How does one get in this

4 will get in via an entry, 3 will be captains picks. Full details I don't believe have been released yet. However joining the Albatross Club would be a good first step.

4 will get in via an entry, 3 will be captains picks. Full details I don't believe have been released yet. However joining the Albatross Club would be a good first step.

Gotcha thanks!

JB what other courses did you have in mind? Just curious!

I've got family out that way in Palmer and Springfield, we usually stay overnight in Chicopee when we visit (I lived in Three Rivers and Wales until I was 8) so if I make it in, we'll probably make a whole family weekend out of it.

C'mon mpeterson, just think, you don't want to be the guy standing in the way of a fun family weekend, right? RIGHT??

:alien:

the selection pressure is real.

If you're not on the NE team, I'm launching an investigation.

I've got family out that way in Palmer and Springfield, we usually stay overnight in Chicopee when we visit (I lived in Three Rivers and Wales until I was 8) so if I make it in, we'll probably make a whole family weekend out of it.

C'mon mpeterson, just think, you don't want to be the guy standing in the way of a fun family weekend, right? RIGHT??

:alien:

Talk about pressure...

the selection pressure is real.

Its crazy on the wanting to get in side, I can't imagine what the capts are feeling. Lots of good guys that could make up solid teams in all the regions but only 7 spots to fill is tough

Its crazy on the wanting to get in side, I can't imagine what the capts are feeling. Lots of good guys that could make up solid teams in all the regions but only 7 spots to fill is tough

It's fun for us non captains to make the bribery jokes and all, but both Matt and Dean have a good problem to have IMO - both regions are filled with some incredibly good golfers. I'm sure they're putting some pressure on themselves as to who they'll choose for their captains picks, but they're guaranteed to have some great golfers & great guys on both sides.

Back