Cobra KING F6 Driver - THP Review Thread

Those are pretty solid.

I have no doubt that some will come in and say lower spin would help, but IMO you are in a really really solid place there. I'd bet though if you tried it up a degree and got that launch up juuuuuuuust a bit more you would really unlock it. Its truly a really really good head.
Thanks for the feedback Jman.
Yeah I might give it a go in 9.5* or maybe 10.5* with movable weight in front. I also noticed that my aoa was slightly negative, around -1.6, so I will try to work on that as well. Haven't swung a club regularly since the season ended here in Sweden like 5 months ago. But hopefully when my swing gets going I should improve on those numbers.
Sweet feelin club!

Thanks for the feedback Jman.
Yeah I might give it a go in 9.5* or maybe 10.5* with movable weight in front. I also noticed that my aoa was slightly negative, around -1.6, so I will try to work on that as well. Haven't swung a club regularly since the season ended here in Sweden like 5 months ago. But hopefully when my swing gets going I should improve on those numbers.
Sweet feelin club!

I saw a video with Rick Shiels & Jose M. from Cobra.
Jose said that they fit people for the 2200 to 2600 spin range. If you are in their consistently, you should be good to go with this part of the "formula"

I'm excited to say that I just ordered one of these. Gray Turbulence color with a UST Mamiya Elements Chrome shaft. That's worthy of a banana dance.... :banana:

13/14 FIR yesterday. Didn't get yardages yesterday but I was in spots I typically am. The swing is still a work in progress, but certainly improving! This club does give me confidence standing over the ball, which doesn't hurt at all. Once the weather warms up, and I get a better handle on my swing, I expect the distances to creep upward some.

13/14... stop that. You're making me nervous. :D

Based on TO_Cobra's (Tom) input this is a driver I've overlooked and that needs to be corrected!

I'm excited to say that I just ordered one of these. Gray Turbulence color with a UST Mamiya Elements Chrome shaft. That's worthy of a banana dance.... :banana:
Nice! Only seen that gray/turbulence on the computer so far... Guess it does look sweet in hands?
How about that chrome shaft? How does it compare to the stock red tie?

Well, I ordered without hitting or seeing it or the shaft. Just basing the color choice on what I've seen online, and the shaft was because UST Mamiya shafts have worked for me in the past and I'm digging they put the Recoil concept in a driver shaft. Should be delivered on 3/15 so I'll know soon if I made a good guess or not. Not the best way to buy a driver but no one local has a good fitting cart with lefty stash.

The driver arrived from Cobra. Beautiful workmanship. I asked for a custom gray lamkin grip and for the shaft to be installed logo down. All work done perfectly to spec and the driver arrived to me just two days after I placed the order. Nice work Cobra!

872657a57408d5e6b203819d9b49ae1c.jpg

db87ca433e60e75cae3954651799e3ce.jpg

49c266c7cc35e4ee4187c6a16eb9b425.jpg

RadRob: This looks beyond awesome. Enjoy it.

The Chrome shaft matches perfectly.

I need to order a F6+ in this color scheme. I really need to pay off my basketball shoes purchases.

Thats awesome Rob.

that color combo looks great

Wait a second... that driver is backwards!! You should send it back. :D

I cannot help but stare at it. Work be damned!!

RadRob that looks awesome! Cant wait to hear how it works out for you with the shaft pairing. Still contemplating one of these in blue, with a tour blue shaft.

Thanks everyone. I just hope I can hit the darn thing well!

Side Note: This is actually my birthday present. My wife asked me what I wanted for my upcoming birthday. I said there was a swing trainer I wanted that cost $98 and this driver was $349. She says "get the driver".

I'm pretty jazzed how well it turned out - photos I've seen (including mine above) don't really do justice to the driver or the shaft. Taking it out tomorrow to give it a try.

The driver is fantastic Rob!

I've taken the driver out the the range twice now. First time out I thought I had made a big mistake, but today righted the ship. I toyed with the shaft and weight adjustments. Can't tell you distances because I forgot my glasses and cant' see 250 yards down field without them. But I will say that the head is large and well shaped and gives a lot of confidence behind the ball. Club swings easy and feels responsive. There's plenty of adjustment, and the adjustments do make a difference in ball flight.

Here's what I noticed:

Lot's of shaft adjustability with the cobra adapter and very easy to use. 9 degree didn't work too well. I felt comfortable with in the 9.5-10.5 range in both draw and normal settings. Didn't really notice a lot of difference in look or ball flight between the draw and normal settings.

The adjustable weight makes a difference in ball flight. With the forward producing a lower ball flight for sure. Even on the penetrating setting, the ball launched pretty high with the Elements Chrome Reg flex. Assume my swing speed is low 90s but haven't checked for a while now. I've got an Aldila NV (made for) shaft in my other Cobra 10.5 driver, and that flights lower than the F6 with Elements Chrome.

What I ended up with as my best combination was the loft set at 11.5 and the weight up front in the penetrating setting. I was hitting high rockets that went straight, time after time. This one will be fun to take out on the course.

Good feedback RadRob. Glad you like it so far.

Cobra has been putting out some great products lately.

they really have. They have been trending upwards in regards to design, materials, and tech over the last 3-4 years.

This is a bit of a skim guys, is the cobra adapters in the bio cell the same in the King F6?

This is a bit of a skim guys, is the cobra adapters in the bio cell the same in the King F6?

They will work, yep.

My wife's F6 Driver is now en route from the U.S. Will be interesting to see the results compared to her Adams XTD when I get back from work in six weeks. The only thing that stopped her ordering one earlier was, they only seemed to do that sickening bright Raspberry Pink, now there is a ladies spec Silver / Aquamarine one available she almost bit my hand off when I showed her.

First of all let me say that I suck at golf. I buy a new driver every 2 years and I joke that I am buying "hope". I always have a very high slice to fade, usually drive the ball 190-210 with no roll. This year I ordered the F6 in the gray and green and it arrived Tuesday. Great looking club. I took it to the range today and I couldn't get a ball to go right!! I have never hit a ball left shot after shot. It was crazy. It feels and sounds great. I am playing it with the weight forward and 10 degrees (or whatever loft it came in). I am very excited to get this club out on the course although I have never ever tried to play a shot that turns left. Should be interesting and some high scores for a bit until I get this worked out, but I am thrilled. I actually have some real hope and I might see some roll out with my drives.

Back