Korkoro

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi All, 23 years ago I had a back operation. I was 5 Hi at the time and a long ball hitter. 3 awful years later, and not being able to break 100, I gave the game up in frustration.

This summer, after retirement, I decided to start playing again. I still couldn't break 100, so I decided to completely rebuild my swing. I bought "old man" clubs (graphite up and down and regular shafts). it worked wonders and by the end of summer I was rarely above 90 and had a few rounds in the upper 70's. I had the handicap down to 10.8 till December when I was playing most of the time in temperatures in the 30's. All in all, I'm very happy with my swing and the final handicap of 14.

In addition to playing, I enjoy building my own clubs. I built a 14 degree driver which will probably be my go-to driver. I've built my new swing around accuracy and the high loft driver will aid in that respect. This summer, as I learn to play with my new swing, I'm planning on building a new set to fit my personal needs.

My other interests are sailing -- I've restored a 1940's Herreshoff cruising sailboat -- woodworking, motorcycles and music (I'm learning to play the euphonium), and sea kayaking (had a business in Greece for 7 years guiding sea kayak trips).

Glad to be here and hope to be able to contribute along with learning a lot.

By the way Korkoro is Romany (Gypsy) for "Freedom." I'm feeling that a lot lately!:D

Later,

John

Welcome to THP John!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome

Welcome to THP,We are glad you found us !

Weclone to THP John.

Welcome John!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP, John.

Welcome!

Welcome to ThP

Welcome to the forum, John. You'll like it here. :welcome:

Thanks All,

I'm enjoying it already.

Later,

John