Titleist TS Drivers: TS2 and TS3

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice write up - less drag more speed more distance sounds like winners.

Good to offer a fixed and adjustable model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty!!! Like jewelry for your golf bag. The fairways were awesome too.

I really like the look of them. I want to try these for sure, first time I have been really interested in a Titleist driver. 12% increase in MOI over the 917 is a significant increase.

very nice stock shaft list, all 3 or 4 major launch conditions are covered

Good stuff here. Man, what a great time to be a consumer looking for a driver - every major OEM makes a compelling case for the top spot.

I'm surprised Titleist didn't go composite on the crown. Wonder what the advantages of this approach are,

Fun release from Titleist. These drivers are sure freaking beautiful!

Really been impressed with Titleist drivers over the years. And even though the Even Flow White might not be the best choice for me, I think that would look great with this driver.

• Admin
Good stuff here. Man, what a great time to be a consumer looking for a driver - every major OEM makes a compelling case for the top spot.

I'm surprised Titleist didn't go composite on the crown. Wonder what the advantages of this approach are,

There are two areas that come to mind.
1. Cost. Developing a composite strategy can cost more.
2. Sound. There are some that do not care for the sound a composite crown brings.

The advantage however is weight. Right now Ping and Titleist are the two main companies using Titanium in the crown, while Cobra, Srixon, TaylorMade and Callaway have gone to composite.

i like to tee it up my titleist titleist speed driver then take a tuk tuk to the restaurant for a nice kobe beef and couscous dinner with boutros boutros ghali in bora bora

seriously though, i HAVE to hit these drivers. titleist seems to have recognized where they were lagging behind their competition, so they created the ap3 irons for a player's distance iron, and now these longer and faster drivers.

These sound like intriguing releases. Looking forward to the feedback on them from the event THPers.

The comparative diagram was nice to see. Really good picture of the differences between the 2 drivers. Initially I’m thinking the TS3 would be better for me with the lower launch but I’ll let the fitter make that decision!

These look good, probably best looking driver Titleist has put out. I think the TS3 would be right up my alley and love that the HZRDUS smoke is a stock option

2. Sound. There are some that do not care for the sound a composite crown brings.

The advantage however is weight. Right now Ping and Titleist are the two main companies using Titanium in the crown, while Cobra, Srixon, TaylorMade and Callaway have gone to composite.

I for one can’t handle the composite sound.

Can’t wait to follow along at the Titleist event here in a few weeks. Love my G400max but these are on the radar for sure!

Very nice write up JB! Sounds like Titleist is stepping up their driver game with this release. I am somewhat surprised that they’re sticking with the titanium crown, although making it 20% lighter is still a nice gain. Deconstructing the previous releases completely is a big undertaking, but it sounds like they’ve brought a lot more to the table with the TS line.

Looking forward to watching some THP’ers get fit into these very soon!

Additional note, Titleist has lengthened their stock driver setup to 45.5" from 45". Guess every half inch matters when it comes to advertising speed and distance.

One of the few drivers this year that I want to demo vs my gamer, good bit of information in there that makes me even more curious.

The 917 was sneaky long and one I got along with really well. It also was the tightest dispersion of any driver before i put the F8 in play. The TS line, specifically the TS2, is high on the list to try. If they squeezed out more yards from the 917 line and kept the dispersion the same, I'll be owning a new driver.

@golfinnut purchase in 3...2...1...

I doubt I buy one (right away at least), but I'm definitely going to find one to try.

@golfinnut purchase in 3...2...1...

I doubt I buy one (right away at least), but I'm definitely going to find one to try.
I'll tell you after my fitting today

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The titanium is an interesting choice and I like the KK shaft.

It's a great looking driver and I really hope they do catch up in the distance area. I'm a little surprised by no composite materials involved but if it works, it works.

As someone who really liked the 915 ( I know... most weren't a fan,) I was all gung ho to move right in to the 917. Problem was, after testing it, I hated it. I'm looking forward to trying out the TS2, and comparig it to some of the other options available this year. Driver is the one spot that I know for sure I'm changing this year.

Looking at the images the TS2 especially, is constructed an awful lot like a G400.

These have been more impressive results wise then I was expecting. Looks like Titleist might have a winner or two on their hands.

Back