Wesley Bryan PGA career

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
Wesley finished 163 in the FedEx Cup points this year. First PGA tour Win was almost 18 months ago and he missed the cut in his first 4 majors (2017 US Open, The Open, PGA Championship, 2018 The Masters) and didn’t play in the rest of the 2018 majors. Was his 2016-2017 season a flash in the pan or does he make a comeback and why?

He REALLY struggled off the tee this year. His short game and putting were solid, but its simply too hard to score when you are putting yourself in trouble off the tee all day. Hopefully he can get that figured out and get back to playing well. Seems like a very nice and friendly guy.

Shrug I dunno golf is hard

Maybe he’s the next charles howell

A few Tour players have recovered from driver yips and gone on to have long careers.

Unfortunately, even more Tour players have developed the driver yips and seen their careers crater. But on the plus side, Wesley has battled the putting yips during college and is now a great putter again. So obviously he has considerable reserves of inner strength and determination.

I think there are a lot of golfers who would like to be CH3.

Heck he's never had a year nearly as bad as Wesley did this year. 1 Top 25 in 23 events with 10 missed cuts. Ouch.

I think there are a lot of golfers who would like to be CH3.

Heck he's never had a year nearly as bad as Wesley did this year. 1 Top 25 in 23 events with 10 missed cuts. Ouch.

He's sort of the walking, talking, breathing, golfing, living answer to the hypothetical question about which would be better, having a Tour player drive the ball and a THP'er play his drives or letting the THP'er drive it and the Tour player do everything else. Wesley is a great putter, a wizard with a wedge in his hand and simply can't hit the ball Tour-level distances while keeping it in play. And we've seen the results.

He's sort of the walking, talking, breathing, golfing, living answer to the hypothetical question about which would be better, having a Tour player drive the ball and a THP'er play his drives or letting the THP'er drive it and the Tour player do everything else. Wesley is a great putter, a wizard with a wedge in his hand and simply can't hit the ball Tour-level distances while keeping it in play. And we've seen the results.

Yeah I mean he's ranked 6th in SG around the green and 29th in SG Putting. 69th in SG Approach the green is alright too. But oof, 194 in SG Off the Tee, 179th SG Tee to Green, and 164 SG Total. And you mention distance, ranks 193rd in driving distance. BTW those ranks are out of 195 spots.

stories like this are why i struggle to crown ANYBODY the next best thing. so many people were excited about wesley, now he is really struggling. bryson is on a hot streak, but could just as easily fade away.

i think of guys like luke donald, chad campbell, hunter mahan, and many others were supposed to light the world on fire but now struggle to compete.

stories like this are why i struggle to crown ANYBODY the next best thing. so many people were excited about wesley, now he is really struggling. bryson is on a hot streak, but could just as easily fade away.

i think of guys like luke donald, chad campbell, hunter mahan, and many others were supposed to light the world on fire but now struggle to compete.

Hunter Mahan baffled me. Mostly because I was fan, but the guy had a lot of good things going for him and looked like he was ready to take that next step. Looks like he just secured his tour card for next year which is nice, hopefully things turn around for him.

I think you picked the wrong guy as an example. CHIII rarely misses a cut and usually is near the top in top-25s every year. He never seems to get the wins but he always seems to be in contention.

I think you picked the wrong guy as an example. CHIII rarely misses a cut and usually is near the top in top-25s every year. He never seems to get the wins but he always seems to be in contention.

he reminds me of kuchar. not a guy who is going to win much, but a money-making machine.

from pgatour.com:
chiii career earnings are $35,566,745 since turning pro in 2000. he has played in 524 events in which he has made 406 cuts. he has two wins, and his best finish in a major was a top 10.
kuch career earnings are $43,707,977 since turning pro in 2000. he has played in 426 events in which he has made 310 cuts. he has seven wins, and his best finish in a major was 2nd place.

Yeah I mean he's ranked 6th in SG around the green and 29th in SG Putting. 69th in SG Approach the green is alright too. But oof, 194 in SG Off the Tee, 179th SG Tee to Green, and 164 SG Total. And you mention distance, ranks 193rd in driving distance. BTW those ranks are out of 195 spots.

It's the tee-shot yips. Most days right now he can't hit a 40-yard-wide fairway with a 4-hybrid.

Luke Donald made the mistake of chasing more distance. He tried to get all technical and it ruined what made him great. He's gotten some of his form back, but now he's fighting a back injury. I don't think he'll ever be in the conversation as a top player again, but hopefully he'll re-earn his tour card and get back to journeyman tour status.

The list of players who people thought would stay on tour but are gone is long. Just shows how good the ones who stay are.

And when you are considered a short knocker trouble off the tee just makes it harder.

You need to find some of that internet golfer stuff ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean I did get fit for an X Flex 70 gram shaft once...does that count?

And when you are considered a short knocker trouble off the tee just makes it harder.

I think that was Wes’s biggest problem this year, if he just went back to hitting fairways and made his scores inside 125 yards I think he’s at the very least making the cut all the time. There’s plenty of guys with solid careers that are “short knockers”.

I mean I did get fit for an X Flex 70 gram shaft once...does that count?

Are you done with it? Can I have it?

Back