Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you prefer to walk the course or ride in cart?
I enjoy the walk if the course is set up for it. Short distances between green and next tee.
Riding if really long or crossing streets and such.

Snickerdog crushing it with the threads.

Walk walk walk all day long

I'm a walkie talkie man

I've got bad knees so I ride most of the time. I don't mind a walk now and then though.

Do you prefer to walk the course or ride in cart?
I enjoy the walk if the course is set up for it. Short distances between green and next tee.
Riding if really long or crossing streets and such.

I'm the same way; I prefer walking but will ride if the course set up calls for it.

I'm walking unless the course doesn't allow it.

Ride in the summer. It's too %^& hot to walk. During the spring I walked some of the smaller courses. One of the courses I play is ride only. It backs up to multiple condos and they insist on you using a cart to keep the freeloaders from condos off the course.

Only ride if in a tournament / event where everyone else is riding. If playing in a game with 11 other guys at my home course that are riding, I am still walking. So walk at least 95% of my rounds.

Ride about 98% of the time

I walk 99 percent of my rounds. If I am on vacation I am riding.

Depends on the course and playing partner(s). I've got a couple buddies who really enjoy walking on our "core" course in the area. And there are other guys that prefer to ride. Our league is also a riding league which I don't mind.

I think it's been about 70/30 riding/walking this year.

Definitely walk. Buggies are pretty rare over here.

I'm too old and lazy to walk. I'll take the ride everytime

Walk if I can. If I have to ride, then I won’t drive. My father in law refuses point blank to ride. I’ve walked some killer courses with him in the baking hot sun that has totally ruined the round.

#FiberLaunch

I walk if I can

But Even when I ride, I walk.

I play better when I walk up to my ball, so I'll leave the driving to my buddy and walk to my ball from his. (Assuming I hit past him :)

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

I love the pushcart, prefer it over riding all day long. Only time I ride is in tourneys and when I play with the Massachusetts boys, BAM!

I always prefer to walk if the course allows and it's not too far between greens & the next tee box.

Lots of walking happening this weekend!

I walk 95% of the rounds at my course in Minneapolis and ride 100% of my rounds at my course near our lake home. At that course there are many distances between holes that exceed 250 yards because of all the marsh and lake area.

b6d88616f29a28ad4a50208e298ae420.jpg

Besides all the other great reasons I prefer walking that we've talked about endlessly, I just flat out play better, I think it has something to do with keeping the legs moving and staying upright, sitting makes my body get stiff and lazy and then bad golf happens.

That being said I ride plenty, many courses don't offer to walk ($$) and I still enjoy the game just fine.

I'm a big time walker. It's almost therapeutic walking on the course, especially if you get out early or are posting toward the end of the day. The other big part is that it's sometimes the most exercise I get and also seems to help keep my back loose.

Three out of four of my usual group are gimped up with old injuries/decrepitude so we normally ride.

Back