What Loft Is Your Driver?

R15 10.5* adjusted to 10*

Normally play a 9.5 but can't get it to launch high enough for low spin drivers.

10.5 head dialed up to 11.5 for more carry, in the mud we have been playing in.

10.5 here. Working at the sim and having a general idea of what the numbers "should" be, paired with a ball flight that I like to my eye I've found that 10.5 works well for me.

10.5 stated loft. Always seems to produce the best results. My launch angle is not super-consistent, but when I go up in loft I tend to get shots that go too high and the wind plays with them, and when I go lower I don't get much forgiveness.

13.5° adjusted down to 12.5°, better ball flight on the course.

Playing at 12* based on dispersion, not distance. No actual true fitting involved.

12* based on internet research pointing to higher lofts offering more forgiveness. that and the draw bias seems to help me on my driver. I cant hit my 9.5* Burner for anything!

Way too many people launch there driver way too low. It takes a bit to get used to a super high optimal launch but you just need to commit to it.

M1 at 10.5° That's the loft that was giving me the best launch angle and longest carry

9 degrees fit to me at #theGrandaddy DOS; and when I'm swinging it well, the ball flight is majestic.

TM R19 at 9.5*, not fitted to that loft. Still have a tendency for a high ball flight so a fitting would be a good idea.

11 but turned down 2 degrees

10 & fit into that loft

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been fit three times. Including by Duffy at Wilson Staff.
All fittings have been 9* so that is what I play.

What loft are you playing your driver at?
Why/How did you choose that loft?

Meaning was it a fitting thing, did you just see a ball flight you liked or is it a number you just happen to be comfortable with?

What is your stated loft and do you believe your/others stated lofts are accurate or within tolerance? I, personally, believe that most are not. I would imagine you have access to check your lofts being that you own a "Tour van"?

10.5 - two hour fitting where we swapped heads and shafts to find the magic combo.

9.5˚ head set to 10.25˚. Just like the better ball flight.

8.5 for me was fitted into it to bring down LA and spin I've played it at 7.75 on and off. Also playing an aftermarket low launch/low spin shaft. I like the ball flight I'm seeing now after some swing changes.

11.5 in the xhot now 10.5...chosen cause thats what was available and i hit it "well"

Currently playing mine at 10.5. I have played anywhere between 10-12* in the last year with pretty equal time between 10.5 and 11.5.

12 degrees. Got best results at a ping demo day with that setting

Stock 10*. Wasn't fitted for it. Just never changed it since I like the ball flight- I may actually raise it up alittle once the season starts

I alternate drivers, presently playing a Cobra ZL Encore 10.5° set to open. I've played as low as 8° and as high as 12°. Whatever works.

No fitting. Generally, I believe loft equates to a degree of forgiveness so I'll go high enough as possible without drastically increasing spin or causing ballooning. Without a launch monitor (which would be better) it's more results oriented and preference than interpretation but that's part of the fun for me, I guess. ?

Got fitted (multiple times). Degrees of loft is a means to an end and doesn't provide any useful information in and of itself, especially with today's different driver designs. Swing speed, launch angle and spin rates are the primary determinants of distance. I've been fitted for multiple drivers on the same day using the same launch monitors and seen as much as a 3 degree difference in the loft.

Back