Who are the Most Famous People that Went to Your High School?

Carlos Diaz (Extra TV) was a few years under me, but I hung out with his brother at their house during the summers (it was large...and nice...and they had ping pong and a trampoline!).

A guy one year ahead of me, had transferred in from IL, and was a tennis player. He played doubles at Wimbledon for a few years. His name is Kent Kinnear, a Clemson grad, and he's now a director of player development for the USTA (formerly the head coach of the National Team).

Andy Chanley was in my class (of 86) and was always an extrovert and funny guy. He's now a radio drive-time DJ on 100.3 "Mark in the Morning" show. If you're a gamer, he also did some voice acting, including Doom 3 and Mass Effect.

Not a big deal to most, but in Indiana, it's huge. We had a Mr. Basketball come from my school....back in 1941! LOL

NFL Player A.J. Edds.

Christian Gunning was also in my class; played baseball with him. He's a smarty-pants USC Trojan that was on the ground floor of the development and rise of BOINGO Wireless. Not really a celebrity, but he helped make wifi happen in a whole lot of places. Now, he's just the VP of Communications at USC.

We had a girl in my class that was a rather famous 'dancer' in the local area. Her name was Kim, but you might know her as Holly.

The NBA's Van Arsdale twins. My mom knew them during her time in school. I think they left my little town and went up to Indy so they'd be 'discovered' easier. I guess it worked.

I'm sure there are more. I may update this as needed.

Walter Goggins, the actor was a freshman when I was a senior at my high school. Our most famous alum, but I didn't know him. Probably saw him around but who pays attention to freshman.

sebastian janikowski, kicker for florida state and the raiders. i was there for his senior year and did see him play soccer. he was an animal.

lauren thompson, golf channel personality. she was a year behind me in school. she is VERY smart and extremely sweet.

David Cook from American Idol. Graduated with him

No one famous went to my High School that I can think of....probably ever.

Not a lot to work with but here is what Wikipedia has for my high school:

I should add that there was one professional golfer I know, Sharon Barrett who played for several years on the LPGA tour and had one victory. Her brother, Bill, was quite a good Jr. Golf player and not teaches golf at a large training facility here.

Walter Goggins, the actor was a freshman when I was a senior at my high school. Our most famous alum, but I didn't know him. Probably saw him around but who pays attention to freshman.

Actually it is Walton. Really enjoyed him on Justified.

Lets see….

Oliver Hudson
Kate Hudson
Gary Coleman
Maya Rudolph
Jack Black
Sean Astin
Zooey Deschanel
Kate Danson
Jonah Hill
Brody Jenner
Gywneth Paltrow

Various Others are high end Entertainment people on the back end of the business too.

Some were there when I was there, and some graduated way after me or before me.

It was before I attended but the late Sir Bobby Robson was a product of the school I attended as a kid and I also got to meet him a couple of times

Big Kenny from Big and Rich is the one person that most would know. Some pretty famous people from my town, but most were way before there was a High School.

I only know of 2 people really famous from my high school

1 made it to the NFL (Played special teams for the Broncos and the Rams for 3 years) he's back home now.

The other surprisingly is an old ex girlfriend who was 2011 Miss District of Columbia Heather Swann.

Nobody that I know of

Me :alien:

Only one I know of is:
Trenton Robinson: Went to Central High School with me and then on to MSU and then was drafted by the 49ers and now plays for the the Redskins, plays safety.

Tavian Banks

Past Angerer

Frank Fritz

Pat Miletich

Robbie Lawler

Mike Wolfe.

Didn't realize so many people went there my original list was awful.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Let's see, of the 4 high schools I went to (Air Force brat) .... no famous people whatsoever

Pat Sajak many years before me.
Kevin Garnet my last year.
Me

Barbi Benton

Tavian Banks

Past Angerer

Frank Fritz

Pat Miletich

Robbie Lawler

Mike Wolfe.

Didn't realize so many people went there my original list was awful.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Couple bad a$$ grapplers on that list

really nobody from my tiny HS... Gina Carano I guess?

A few from Upper Darby Senior High School in PA.

Tina Fey
Jim Croce
Lloyd Alexander
Jack Ramsey
Todd Rundgren

Back