You made the Cut.

The Open @ Sandwich (Royal St. Georges)

Masters

Depending on the course for the other majors

St. Andrews would put me in

Pebble Beach for US Open

To everyone that says the Masters ... is it because of the course? I mean everyone would want to play the Masters just for it's beauty.

What about the Open? At the birth place of golf .... St Andrews? Links golf, playing vs a large contingent of golfers all over the world?

The U.S. Open? Playing vs the Best in the World? You have to qualify for the Open & if you win there, you can say that you have beaten the best.

Maybe the question should be "you're a Pro, does it matter where you play if you are guaranteed to make the cut? And why? Is it your favorite course? Do you play well there? Or is it the biggest purse?"

If it were me .... I would want to play the U.S. Open without question. What it takes to qualify for the Open is a huge test. And if you win, you can say you have beaten the Best at that moment. All other majors, you basically only have to win to get in. Just my .02

Id feel so fortunate just to be that good it wouldn't matter. And even if it was for no money.

Masters >>> Open Championship >>>>> PGA > U.S. Open. Last 3 are course dependent, but Augusta and many of the Open courses actually seem like they'd be fun to play. U.S. Open seems like torture given recent course setup debacles.

The Open.

Could mean 4 completely different rounds of golf.

I like to watch Sunday of the Masters from the couch.

Masters for me by a long shot.

The Open Championship.

Masters everything else is a distant 2nd

Masters.

Agusta, End of story.

Augusta for sure.

Easily the Masters. I can't imagine the chills I'd get walking the course on Masters Sunday, even if I was in last place.

You and I would for sure be paired in that first group out, lol.

I can't imagine how many putts I'd have out there. 50? Even if I was striking the ball perfectly and only took 36 shots to get on the greens that still puts me at an 86.

Which last place finish pays the most?

So you made the cut and you are going to settle for last? I'm going for top 20 for sure. :laughing:

I’m always preparing for a worst-case scenario.

Back