Mornings or Afternoons?

OldeDude

--Still Alive and Well--
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
--17--
So what do you prefer, golf in the mornings, or golf in the afternoons?

I play almost exclusively in the afternoons, as I rarely golf on weekends, and can get away from work early to get an afternoon round in more often than not. I much prefer morning golf though, the earlier the better. I used to love being first one out, leaving first tracks in the dew on the greens, playing at my own pace with no one ahead. Still get to on occasion, when I get get a day off work, but for the most part I'm an afternoon golfer.

Preference is the early morning. Earlier the better. I must say, I do enjoy a good late evening round as the sun in going down though. Those are the more relaxing ones.

First tee time, always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% prefer afternoons and that's when I play all my solo rounds.

But when I want to play with my friends, they generally play in the mornings. Which I don't like but they do so it is what it is.

Mornings is my preferred time to play

Mornings. As early as possible. Though, I had the 7am tee time a couple of weekends ago and it was still dark enough that I couldn't see my first 2 shots.

Nothing better than being the day's first set of footprints on the greens.

First or second tee time in the morning and that's 630-640AM is my usual times.

Prefer mornings. Just depends on how much of a drive to course as to how early.

I prefer to play in the mornings but I tend to play more in the afternoon with league play and coupons that only allow you to play after a certain time.

Whenever the weather is the best, either when it warms up or when its cooler

Mornings. My wife and I can get 9 in before 9:00 AM and we still have the rest of the day. Besides, 100° days + afternoons = no bueno

Starting to appreciate the 9 or 10am tee times lately...

First out? Stop.

Depends on the time of year and even the time of the week. Both have their merits and I certainly play better in the afternoon, but if it's prime-season on a weekend, we usually opt for earlier tee times as the courses we're willing to pay for become slow in the afternoons. I've been first tee out plenty but usually go with the 8-9:30 range if I'm trying to get in before it gets too slow.

Used to be afternoons for the twilight rate and I could get stuff done in the morning and afternoon. Now it's been easier for my family to do it early in the morning.

Mid to late mornings for me. I like to have the feeling a round has taken up a good chunk of my day!

#FiberLaunch

No question mornings. When I was working and belonged to a nice country club first tee time on weekends was 7:00AM. Never teed off later than 7:30.

After retiring and joining a daily fee course I got in with a group of guys that had the first several tee times. Again, depending on which group I actually paired up with 7:30 was about the latest time I teed off. That course closed and 4 of us moved to the municipal course and had first tee time every weekday, and were even given our own cart keys in case they were late opening the pro shop. This year the 4 of us we joined a different course and we have the 2nd tee time every weekday. The earliest we have teed off is 6:37 (6:30 is the earliest due to noise restrictions) and we are now being pushed back as sunrise gets later and later. Living in North Texas the hottest time of the day is around 4:00PM. You really want to play in the morning.

... I HATE playing in the morning. Never a morning person but after 2 back surgeries in the early 90's it takes me quite a while to loosen up. I played in a Myrtle Beach outing maybe 20 years ago and averaged 73 in the afternoon and 87 in the mornings. 87!!!

... Spent 6 weeks in Phoenix in March/April this past spring and played every single afternoon. Not only is it less expensive but I love the sun starting to set at the end of a round.

Mornings. Even when I play on a work day, I'd rather play in the AM and work in the afternoon.

I play in the mornings. Usually between 9 and 11. I usually just walk on and do not make a tee time ahead of time. The reason I play then is two fold. One, The morning groups have all ready went out so the courses have more availability and two, I have to pick up the kids from day care by 430.

Definitely afternoons. I'm not a morning person at all, and hate waking up early if I don't have to. Plus, in the afternoon most courses are usually pretty deserted.

I play most in the morning since that's when my schedule allowed.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Mornings for me, I can get 18 in and make it back before my wife considers it a lost day :laugh:

Being in the land of perpetual summer, I like to get out earlier. But when I'm living where there are seasons, I like teeing off midday during fall/winter and morning during spring/summer.

Back