Advise me - Equipment for reshafting irons

Cutoff blades - if I put a cutoff blade in my 10" chop saw, no question that shaft is getting chopped. However, it that too much speed, am I going to splinter the crap out of composite shafts? Seems like this should work fine, especially if I wrap with tape before cutting?

View attachment 8997021
Use masking tape to help with preventing that as well as try to avoid the pinch at the last part of the cut when getting through the shaft. My cutter is about 3200 rpm.

Use masking tape to help with preventing that as well as try to avoid the pinch at the last part of the cut when getting through the shaft. My cutter is about 3200 rpm.

I also have a 4.5" angle grinder with cutoff wheel that could be applied to the situation, or even a Dremel with little 1" wheel. Seems like the 10" would be the hot ticket if I can avoid vaporizing shafts with it. Good tip on the pinch.... so cut 3/4 through, then rotate to finish the cut?

I've always used a dremmel or a simple hack saw for cutting graphite, mostly because I'm rarely in a hurry to do it, and it's super easy to cut.

That said, I think it's a great call to tape it either way. It helps between avoiding splintering on the bottom side, AND is a great guide.

I also have a 4.5" angle grinder with cutoff wheel that could be applied to the situation, or even a Dremel with little 1" wheel. Seems like the 10" would be the hot ticket if I can avoid vaporizing shafts with it. Good tip on the pinch.... so cut 3/4 through, then rotate to finish the cut?
Yes in your instance with the chop saw I would, I roll the shaft but my cutting wheel is fixed and allows for that, chop saw might get a little tricky.

So I had the kiddos help me unpack some boxes with tools right before bedtime, and setup the swingweight scale for the first time. Excited to start using it, I grabbed a new ZX7 and loaded it on the tray. Swingweights out to A9. What? Try it again... slide the weight around a bit... analyzing the situation to see what could go wrong.

Bemused, I grabbed a PTx Pro. A9. Hmmmm.... rummages a bit.

Grabbed a Apex MB. B0. What the actual heck is going on here? I push on the club head a bit estimating the amount of weight it seem to be off by. I should be able to figure this out. Dag gumit.

:unsure:

Turned around and saw the hang tray for the deadweight portion of the scale sitting among the unboxing carnage. Hung it on the end of the beam. D3. 😇

Back