What’s your putting miss?

OITW

Reaction score
Is it putting on your line, getting the read or a mix of both?

For me it’s putting on my line

Short. My reads are pretty good, but a lot of time I short it.

My miss a mix of stroke and not aiming where I think I'm aiming.

There is a third one: Speed which translates to distance. On many putts, you can get the read right and the starting line right, but not get the speed right and miss the putt.

What's your Putting Miss

What's your Putting Miss

The hole.

If it went in it wouldn't be a miss... :)

Long. I have no sense of speed right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My miss can vary. It's usually just a slight misread or not starting the ball with the speed I wanted due to a mishit.

I'm putting really well right now though, so when I do miss, I don't let it bother me.

May be an aim issue - suggest a fitting.

My issue with the DF is speed on longer putts - more than 35 feet. Trying out putters I can aim and with which I get a feel for distance.

Short.

I used to continuously nuke putts but have seemed to correct that to a fault. Even when I tell myself to put a firmer stroke on the ball, it often won't happen.

Along with the painfully short results are the pucker inducing putts that drop with the final revolution. Not fun, I tell ya.

Short putts I push right and long putts my distance is short but aim is good.

I love the left-to-right and hate the right-to-left. Opposite of most

Currently, everywhere.

Putting pretty solid right now but my miss is a push.

I usually hit my putt where I want, it's my line that is terrible (usually don't read enough break). When I do miss the putt, it's usually a push.

The push right

Short.

I'd say green reading. I really struggle to pick up subtle breaks until I've played a course a handful of times.

My current miss is starting my ball on the correct line.

For me it’s my line and specifically my tendency to pull putts offline a bit.

Decelerate, short and on the low side. Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an issue with strike... especially on longer putts, I tend to lift up and thin the putts, and always end up short because of that

I usually misread how much it will break.

Well obviously I don't read greens like a Tour player so a lot of my missed putts are from not seeing the correct read.

But what I'd consider my "putting miss" is when I don't start the ball rolling on my intended line due to fanning it open in the takeaway. That can lead to a block or "shove" on shorter putts or on longer strokes I'll overreact and yank the clubface too far closed.

Normally I have a pretty solid stroke. When I do that opening up on the backswing thing it drives me crazy. I know that it's happening but I do it anyway. A couple of the guys I play with regularly have quit even bothering to point out "You're doing it again". It'll usually go away after a few holes but then a couple weeks or a couple months later it'll show up again.

Ain't golf the damndest thing...

A cut push. Happens when I'm getting too handsy in the stroke, allows me to come over and across the ball.

Pisses me off like nothing else on the golf course.

Back