Your first hole of 2016?

54 degrees and cart path only.
First hole was a bad double bogey.
Last hole was a par, so finishing strong (?)

54 degrees and cart path only.
First hole was a bad double bogey.
Last hole was a par, so finishing strong (?)

Good work Sean.

Will be playing tomorrow and predicting birdie or par...it is a straightforward par 4. :D
This didn't happen because of frost and light snow on course I originally planned to play, but I scrambled and got a new tee time at another course, which is a bit tougher at a slope rating of 130 from the white (middle of 5) tees.

We started on 10, which is a par 5. Ended up with double bogey after poor tee shot, not so great second put me almost behind a tree, third had me almost gripping steel on a 5i for punch out but hit the damn tree somehow. Still had over about 200 in wet, clumpy rough and wasn't feeling too good about how this hole was shaping up so I just hit a punch 5i to get closer to hole. Then, I hit a nice PW onto green but it bounced about 5 feet in the air and rolled off back. That's when I learned that after about half an inch down, the ground was still frozen. Good times.

Not so great first hole of 2016, but I ended up shooting 85, which I'm happy with...really happy with having only 26 putts (ten 1-putts, two 3-putts, one 0-putt)...not so happy with only 4 FW, 5 GIR. Weather was about 35-42*F but thankfully less than 10mph wind.

Started with a crowd pleasing triple from the middle of the fairway, ugh. Bounced back with 2 over the next 17 holes.
At least it was crowd pleasing...right? My double pleased no one. ;-)

Birdie.

Self High Five

Drive short and blocked to the right while shivering from the cold. Good 4h to about 10 yards short of the green. Pitch with 58* that nearly holed out. Tap in for par.

38 blustery degrees....Bogey, which pretty much sums up the day. 5 pars, 15 over, one donanted ball. more importantly, it was a great day, playing golf, with 3 thpers that i met this morning! thanks guys

Made a 20 footer for par. It was all luck and just broke and broke then dropped!

Ill report back in 4 months lol

I'm with ya there maybe lol. I went by the course today and had frozen ponds in the fairway with snow lol..
Ill report back in 4 months lol

I'm with ya there maybe lol. I went by the course today and had frozen ponds in the fairway with snow lol..
Yeah it was mild here for xmas but we got a good amount of snow the last few days. Hope I at least go par or birdie when we do open tho lol

Yeah it was mild here for xmas but we got a good amount of snow the last few days. Hope I at least go par or birdie when we do open tho lol
Yea we maybe got 1/4 inch couple days ago, but I imagine we'll be able to get out in January some time.

no warmup dead straight drive, didn't catch all of pw and came up short into the wind, poor chip, 2-putt bogey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Par 4. Low-bullet of a hybrid to a side hill lie (more than a foot below me). Punch into the fairway to recover. Blade a SW into the hill in front of the green, which popped on. Two putt. Absolutely disgusting bogey to start the year. The rest of the round was basically a carbon copy of that.

I hit 3 crappy shots and then chipped in from about 30 yards to save par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a2624c1e1e9fd7bc1e21688358459cdd.jpg

Not quite how I drew it up but happy to salvage a bogey after the poor second shot.

40 degrees but sunny today. Started out '16 with a 483yrd Par 5.

Pretty boring with a solid drive in the middle of the fairway, a layup with a 4H and then a chip on to the green and missed the putt. Par.

Finished the first round of 2016 with an 85.

Par. Poor drive, seven iron to the middle of the fairway leaving about 150 in. Pushed the shot, got a fortunate bounce from an overhanging limb, pin high right. Chipped over a greenside bunker to about 6 feet. Made the par putt.

I might be the only one that **** the bed...

Hole 1 at my home course is a relatively easy straight away Par 5...
Hit diver about 260 to the left side of the fairway, then hit 3 hybrid to 82 yards... Then the wheels come off the apple cart...

3rd shot- chunked wedge
4th shot- chunked chip
5th shot- chip to 20 ft
6th shot- run the putt 8 ft past the hole
7th shot- miss 8 ft putt (take solace that it was on the high side)
8th shot- tap in for a crowd pleasing Triple

Dax

Par 5 to start my day then all down hill

Back