Why do you think your game isn't improving?

I wish I knew. I've put in a ton of work and my irons/approach shots have gotten much better and at the same time my long game has become worse so I am effectively at the same level I was.

There's no happy medium right?
I've worked on my short game a lot this year and neglected too much on my iron game. Now more than ever, not everything clicks together. It's one thing that's working and the other just completely falls short... what a game this is!

Insufficient time to practice as much as my skill level requires.

For me it's all about practice. When I was playing really good I was putting in the time practicing my short game.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

I think ego plays a big part too.
You hit a great shot and now you know that particular skillset is in you. You feel that you don't need to practice it because it will come out naturally. I think this might be just me... haha

Because I would much rather play than practice and that's all I do.

Let’s see:

- perhaps I’ve reached the limits of my ability
- no warm up before a round other than stroking a few putts
- seldom hitting the range for any kind of practice
- an aversion to lessons

Any or all could be the reason in my case even though I play 5 days per week, weather permitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am gradually improving---but the progress is a lot slower than it should be.

I like to play more than practice.

I should spend a few weeks doing nothing but practice short game---but instead I just play---and very gradually get better

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lack of practice time. This darn regular job of mine and life of course do not allow me time to practice.

mainly cause I've been idle for about 7, 8 years. I changed irons to cup face and I can get the distances dialed in and I'm getting older. Plus I'm not real good.

I haven't had time for the last couple of months. I'm hoping to get back to that as the weather start to cool off. I've taken a lot of lessons this year so I need to get back to practicing those things the way I've been taught. Otherwise I'm at the point right now where it has to get bad before it can get good so the changes we've worked on get ingrained. The short game is finally start to see progress in my last few weeks after rebuilding my pitching technique. I need to get back to basics and refresh on the full swing again.

Currently it’s because I’m taking lessons to fix my swing. Previously, I made adjustments to my swing and clubs to work for my scores. But all that duct tape and super glue makes it inconsistent. I can par or better more than half the holes and then blow up on 3-4 to destroy my card. My last lesson focused on getting shallower to stop hitting it fat.

I took a big step forward this week. When my hook caused me to almost shoot 100 I scheduled another lesson instead of adjusting my swing to straighten it out and ruin the consistent ball striking my last lesson grooved. I have an idea of what I should adjust, but I’ll let the pro tell me if I’m right so we can continue building a sound and consistent swing.

Because I would much rather play than practice and that's all I do.

This is it... and usually playing can keep a couple of elements in shape. Off the tee, iron, short game, putting... unfortunately one or two failing elements is enough to keep scores about where they always are...

I hit the ball WAAAAY better on the range than I do on the course. So I'd say it's my brains.

Age, 74, replaced right shoulder and lower back issues. L4 & L5 have shifted pinching the spinal cord. Working on it now, med's & physical therapy. Still play thanks to both.

Most of the time when I feel like I am going backwards it is something in my basics. I usually can figure out what it is by slowing down and going back to basics on my own. Sometimes I have to go see a pro. Every once in a while, if the pro I normally see just can’t get the problem fixed, I will see a different pro because sometimes one person sees something another doesn’t or has a drill or way of teaching that clicks a little better.

That last part happened to me recently. I suddenly started hitting the worst slicing tee shots I have ever hit a few weeks back. I could not get it worked out on my own and saw my normal pro a couple times but still had the same problem. I went to see another I know and all of a sudden I am finding fairways more consistently again. I also happened to gain a draw to my driver and irons from the one minor change we made. That is taking some getting used to but I am enjoying it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back