Votes: 22 40.7%
  • 1-2 Times Per Week

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • A Few Times A Month

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Gym? What's that?

Votes: 19 35.2%

• Total voters
I had a brief stint with a few different gym memberships but then never went back for an assortment of reasons I won't get into.

I belong to L A Fitness which is well equipped and located conveniently between home and office. If I go 12 times per month I receive a reimbursement from health insurance company that covers the cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I try to hit it at least once a week, the rest of the week while not always as vigorous I hit the golf course for some practice or maybe a round.

I do some home workouts but no gym. My home course keeps talking about putting something in, maybe I'd use it then.

I belong to two gyms, one at work that is cheap and a big one near home that would be too expensive if they didn't give us the military family discount. I try to go to the gym for a 30-45 minute workout or run 4-5 times a week. Because I'm gone for almost 12 hours a work day, I only go to the other gym 3-4 times a month either on weekends or nights that I missed the lunch workout. It's worth it for the second gym because my wife goes to classes a couple times a week.

I hate the idea of paying for a gym and not using it but can see how easy it is to fall out of the routine of going. I took a couple weeks off for the holidays and it was so hard to force myself to head down there. I'm glad I did though.

I try to go 4-5 times a week mostly weights during the winter. Summer time I typically go less between golfing and running outdoors. My biggest thing is how busy they are and how late they are open. I am not a morning person, to typically go after the kids go to bed.

My apartment has a pretty decent gym, but I rarely use it. I usually just hit the running trail along the bayou and then play basketball twice a week with some co-workers.

Man I used to work out 5-6x per week during college and post college. I would work out on days I would have go out and have a drink, and found myself working out more to go out with my friends haha. Well it worked... now I'm just old with 2 girls and do not have time. Maybe I should take up drinking again... :act-up:

I've found 3-4 times per week about ideal for me. Any more than that and I don't recover. I'll usually do three days focused more on weights w/ some conditioning, and one day that's mostly conditioning/stretching/mobility stuff.

I have been involved with a few gyms over the years right now I joined a 10/month a place. It's nothing special but provides everything I need and go about 6 times a week sometimes more.

Ive taken a bit of time off, around 3 or so weeks, due to finals and stuff. But i am very excited to get back into it when i go back to school. unfortunately the only gym on campus is super small, but when I am back home full time over summer I am at 24 hr fitness at least 5 days a week.

I go 3x per week, it works out great as we have a family membership at the Y. So I'll drop my son off for karate, hit the gym upstairs for 50 mins, then watch the last 10 mins of his class. Monday is cardio & upper body, Wed is cardio and legs/core, and Saturday is usually just cardio.

I'm lucky to live in a townhouse complex that has a very nice gym (no squat rack though :( just a Smith machine). I hit weights 4 times a week and cardio 2 times a week with 1 rest day in between. If my complex didn't have such a nice gym I would definitely have a membership at one of the gyms in my area.

3 years ago when I was 263 lbs and probably 35% BF I thought going to the gym was a waste of time. Now at 188 lbs and 12% BF I couldn't imagine not going to the gym. If there is one thing that is a smart investment its putting money into your health.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I belong to a gym with locations across the street from my work and 10 min from my house. I usually go 4-5x per week. I go running outside on the weekend and do core work/ stretching at home if I can't make it.

I do a lot of yoga and body weight exercises as well as cardio to get me fit, I'm looking at starting a lifting routine soon.

Technically belong to two gyms right now. One gym is located in our company building and it has been perfect to get to every day. Our company has an incentive that the more visits a month, they will pay for % of your monthly gym membership. More than 15 visits a month results in our company covering the monthly fee, so definitely incentive to go.

The other gym I belong to doesn't have standard monthly dues, more pay to work in groups/ one:eek:ne with their fitness instructors. We are welcome to use the gym at anytime. It is a small gym so if there are classes going on, they just ask that you stay off to the side of the class and do your work.

My vote of 3+/week relates to my recent (in the last 2 months) of getting back to the gym. I've been paying for it, might as well go there. I hope I can maintain and see results

The country club has a gym inside and i go pretty regulary now.

I cancelled my gym membership early last year. I went when I had it, but I just got bored and felt it didn't benefit me. I've got some home workout stuff i do during the winter, but when it's warm enough I found I got a heck of a lot more just playing soccer or tennis. Got much better cardio that way. Plus it's actually fun.

I belong to a gym with locations across the street from my work and 10 min from my house. I usually go 4-5x per week. I go running outside on the weekend and do core work/ stretching at home if I can't make it.

I do a lot of yoga and body weight exercises as well as cardio to get me fit, I'm looking at starting a lifting routine soon.
If you are looking into a lifting program I would recommend Jim Stoppani's Shortcut to Size program. Muscle size and strength gains are amazing from this program. Download the app and follow the exercises to the letter and you will see results insanely fast. Don't feel obligated to follow the diet program to the T as I did not and still saw great results. I do suggest following the supplement plan though.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I drive to my ymca every morning around 4:50 am. I do fifty minutes of lifting and ab work and then do a cycle class for about 40 minutes. I have done this for the past year and also do it when I travel. I have visited over 20 different Y's this past year.
Food is still my problem. I don't have a good plan there and it pisses me off. I have to figure that out.

I would love to see this thread again in a few weeks after the new wears off some folks exercise programs.

Orange Theory for me. I like the structure I get there.

I go 2-3 times a week to the best gym ever. It costs $0 a month :)

I belong to a 24 hour gym (anytime fitness) and lift 3 times a week, and have been going to the gym for a few years off and on, but have caught the bug and think I'll be "on" long term.

I go 3 -4 times a week. Plus I ride a bike to work. (1 mile each way) but my gym is free. One of those amazing military perks recruiters always talk about.

Dan
Divot Diggers Golf

Sharing the love of golf through those that suck at it

Back