THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

So bummed that the date doesn't work for me but that just means I get the to be Team DMVs biggest supporter! This thread has been subscribed and will be that way till the Live thread is up.

You need a person to play practice matches against let me know and we can set something up. Can't wait to get some informal outings together to get this team ready to go wipe the floor with those Carolinians.

Bummed too buddy.
The good news is there is another event not too far away from you in The Cup this year.

Bummed too buddy.
The good news is there is another event not too far away from you in The Cup this year.
Thanks man. I will have to check that out.

Great looking course here. Royal New Kent looks like a great test of golf for anyone.
This is going to be fun to follow along with. I can see some
great back and forth battling happening here.

Friday afternoon leaving DC you would not find me on 95 until I'm way past DC. Going to Va Beach area from where I live I always take rt 3/301 down through Waldorf and southern MD before getting on 95 or continue to 17

Great looking course here. Royal New Kent looks like a great test of golf for anyone.
This is going to be fun to follow along with. I can see some
great back and forth battling happening here.

I look forward to playing this course. Mike Stranz courses are always a fun yet demanding course, especially if you've never seen the layout. I'm sure I'll make a trip or two down to see what's in store. But in the end it's just golf, great golf shots are rewarded, add in with friends and this will be a great event. HOF tags up for grabs and some bragging rights makes this a perfect opportunity to excel. One THPer walks away with one hell of a trip ahead in 2016!

Friday afternoon leaving DC you would not find me on 95 until I'm way past DC. Going to Va Beach area from where I live I always take rt 3/301 down through Waldorf and southern MD before getting on 95 or continue to 17

Definitely the only way to do it

I look forward to playing this course. Mike Stranz courses are always a fun yet demanding course, especially if you've never seen the layout. I'm sure I'll make a trip or two down to see what's in store. But in the end it's just golf, great golf shots are rewarded, add in with friends and this will be a great event. HOF tags up for grabs and some bragging rights makes this a perfect opportunity to excel. One THPer walks away with one hell of a trip ahead in 2016!

We got this. Look forward to the "scouting" outings.

Definitely the only way to do it

learned my lesson early and the hard way when I lived in PG county, then when I moved to AA it was an easy choice.

let me know if you need a navigator or driver when you head down

learned my lesson early and the hard way when I lived in PG county, then when I moved to AA it was an easy choice.

let me know if you need a navigator or driver when you head down

Pick me up on the way through.... #StrategySessions

I'll be crashing that session ;)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Come on along and crash away #MisinformationSession...

I was looking at potentially crashing the Carolina fest on Sunday since I'd be on my way back through from dropping off my daughter... just not sure yet if timing will work or not.

It's just a golf course hit your shots and you will be fine. Stranz is an amazing designer but one thing with his designs is there is always more to it than what you see. A scouting trip or two will be high in my list this year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You know I am game and ready to join you.

A. Why doesn't that surprise me?

2. Why wouldn't you just wait until you got to Carolina for BBQ?

Pierce's is good as a stopgap, but you're going there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only because I've been going to Pierces since the early '70s with my grandparents ... when it was just a shack on the side of the road.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is the same route we take going back down to Raleigh.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Only because I've been going to Pierces since the early '70s with my grandparents ... when it was just a shack on the side of the road.

It still is, just a bigger shack :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital"

The more I read about this Event and the venue the more I want to be part of the MD/VA/DC team. It's guarnteed to be great competition, great friends and a great venue.

ive got a game plan in place for 2016 that I'll be sharing in the next couple days. I am #changingmygame in 2016

How can someone not be excited about this. When I think about it my mind is still blown. The chance to be 1 of 3 original regional rivalries on THP. The chance to play 27-36 holes at an awesome course with THPers in a team event. The chance for some to get their first HOF tag and others to get another. The chance to change the game in 2016. To a lucky winner the MVP based on four areas and to go with it a unique trip to True Temper and to experience what many people can only dream of.

Here are the accolades for the course
* No. 84 - America's 100 Greatest Golf Courses (Golf Digest)

* Best New Upscale Course in the Nation (Golf digest, 1997)

* 4 1/2 Stars - Places to Play (Golf Digest)

* No. 4 - Best in State: Virginia (Golf Digest)

* No. 15 - 40 Best Public Courses (Golf & Travel)

* No. 28 - 100 Best Modern Golf Courses (Golf & Travel)

* No 23. - Top 100 You Can Play (Golf Magazine)

* Modern Classics (Links Magazine)

Crest4, we need to make a road trip down. Start working the schedule.

Crest4, we need to make a road trip down. Start working the schedule.
Done and done Captain. I will take a look at the schedule and we will figure out something that works. I love it scouting trip!

Last Christmas went to see the lights in Williamsburg and stopped at Rocco's Smokehouse. Was pretty good as I remember.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Done and done Captain. I will take a look at the schedule and we will figure out something that works. I love it scouting trip!

Timing didn't pan out, but I want you involved dude.

Timing didn't pan out, but I want you involved dude.
Thanks man that means a lot more than I could express with a keyboard.

Back