Making A Murderer (Spoilers)

Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
The wife and I just finished this on Netflix. Wow is all I can say. Who else here as seen this?

We started it last night, watched the first one. The system is crazy.

We started it last night, watched the first one. The system is crazy.

Keep watching and we can talk about it when your done. Don't want to ruin things for you

The wife and I should be starting this weekend.

Watched the first episode and didn't know what to think until the end. Definitely different than I thought. Hope to finish it this week

I live nearby where this all took place. I haven't seen the documentary. But I know what it's about.

We watched the first five episodes yesterday. It just gets worse and worse as you go along. It's scary how easily someone can be put away if the wrong people want him there

I'm through three episodes so far and it's amazing how the system appears to be so flawed.

I live nearby where this all took place. I haven't seen the documentary. But I know what it's about.

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts if you see this since you are close by, and already knew about it.

I saw this the other day. I am not sure if he did it, was framed, or what. I do think that after seeing the documentary he got the wrong end of the court system and that he should have gotten off based on what the documentary showed. After seeing that and hearing the judge speak it just seems like they were going to do all it took to put him away no matter what the evidence did or did not show.

I saw this the other day. I am not sure if he did it, was framed, or what. I do think that after seeing the documentary he got the wrong end of the court system and that he should have gotten off based on what the documentary showed. After seeing that and hearing the judge speak it just seems like they were going to do all it took to put him away no matter what the evidence did or did not show.
That is what it appears. But I still think he did kill that poor girl. There may not have been a lot of CSI type evidence, but plenty of circumstantial evidence.

But that isn't what our justice system is about. Reasonable doubt is hard when an entire sheriff's department is conspiring (allegedly) against you.

So all you people that think he's so innocent.... Are you alleging the sheriffs department either murdered her or found her dead and then purposefully burned her body and planted all the evidence? The FBI lied too about the blood preservative? This is a completely one-sided accounting of the events. It's not shocking everybody thinks he's got to be innocent when it's so one sided and told from the point of this ignorant schlub getting taken "by the system". With all the recent cop hating rhetoric everywhere what a perfect time to release this.

I think if anything, we all should put ourselves in the shoes of Steven and Brenden. The system truly could turn on anyone of us at any time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm watching it right now, its interesting but is obviously very very slanted. I won't go digging deeper until I finish the documentary, but I had read about it in the past, and remember the evidence being pretty damning.

If his DNA is on the Toyota key, why isn't hers? Just so many fishy things with all of the "evidence". Is it possible he snapped? Yes. Do I feel the justice system failed here? Yes. Just sad all around.

If his DNA is on the Toyota key, why isn't hers? Just so many fishy things with all of the "evidence". Is it possible he snapped? Yes. Do I feel the justice system failed here? Yes. Just sad all around.

Do a little research into touch DNA, it is by no means a sure fire thing that because something is touched it will leave behind traces. It is wiped off somewhat easily, and typically only gets transferred if you are sweating at the time.

The '85 assault was clearly a fault in the justice system regardless. And he spent 18 years for something he didn't do - that's clear. The Halbach case: a different story

The '85 assault was clearly a fault in the justice system regardless. And he spent 18 years for something he didn't do - that's clear. The Halbach case: a different story

I agree with this 100%

That was my thinking. There is a good chance that he did it but from what the "Documentary" presented I feel that there was to much the prosecution left to question. Don't think I could have convicted a person seeing and hearing all those holes.

That's my thought. How can one look at this case and not have any reasonable doubt. What happened in 1985 is reasonable doubt enough

Wow. Just saw that initial poll in deliberation had 7 innocent, 3 guilty and 2 undecided. Talk about a shift in decision making

This is fascinating television.

What gets me is the hole in the blood containing test tube. How do we explain that?

Back