Wilson Staff Duo Soft - how did it perform for you? Likes and dislikes? Thank you.

jhd12

Reaction score
Handicap
Wilson Staff Duo Soft - how did it perform for you? Likes and dislikes?

Wilson website says it is the longest and straightest ball. Did you experience long & straight?

Thank you.

It’s very soft, which can equal low spin, so straight relative from spin and distance relative from spin can definitely work people.

I like it, especially on full shots.

I really enjoy the duo soft optix... distance seems really similar to balls in that category. IMO it flights a little higher than other balls I game (superhot/chromesoft) and I like that. The easy-to-see colors are a big win also.

It doesnt perform as well as urethane on those 30-50 yard low check shots, but I wouldn't expect it to based on materials. IMO this ball is a great value, and it's FUN

Lowest ball flight I’ve ever played. I’m a low spin player and need launch and something that stays in the air. So for me it was a flop off the driver. Considerably shorter than the Supersoft and Soft Feel for me.

I really like the colored Optix. I think it feels really nice on the face of my irons and woods. I've enjoyed playing the orange and red ones. I've let loose a few nice drives with them. I could always use more distance but I don't notice these to be any longer or shorter than any other balls I've played in my experiences.

I didn't like this year's version. But I bought a bunch of the 2017 version. I couldn't get used to the matte finish of the new ball and although it seemed like I got more distance out of it, I couldn't putt very well with it. Left a lot more putts short than I am used to.

I love the yellow Optix matte finish. Easy for me to follow and find. Not sure if I'm getting better distance, but feels great off the putter.

Lowest ball flight I’ve ever played. I’m a low spin player and need launch and something that stays in the air. So for me it was a flop off the driver. Considerably shorter than the Supersoft and Soft Feel for me.

Interesting. In testing, we typically are on the high end of launch angle among the 2PC balls that we test. Sorry to hear it didn't perform well for. Would love for you to give it another shot if you're willing!

I love all aspects and results from the Duo Soft ball. Feels great off all metal woods and irons, love putting this ball. I play the DUO Soft ball mostly, but sometimes play the pro v1x too. Totally different impact feel with the metal woods and irons, but it, the pro v1x, goes like stink. Just a harder impact feel. I greatly enjoy the Duo Soft, that's my gamer ball.

Interesting. In testing, we typically are on the high end of launch angle among the 2PC balls that we test. Sorry to hear it didn't perform well for. Would love for you to give it another shot if you're willing!

Perhaps launch angle is high but staying in the air are two different things. Dimples seem really shallow on this ball. Maybe that has something to do with the lower flight I’m seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really soft. Had to get use to that with the putter. My game is all over the place but I’m happy that this ball and other have addressed the needs of Joe Average who wants a quality ball and appreciates value. It used to feel like if you were playing something inferior if you didn’t peg a Pro V1. Not anymore. I’ve settled on Duo U and enjoy it a lot.

Back