Wilson Staff DUO Urethane Golf Balls Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THPers were some of the first out there to try out the DUO Urethane and today they can start adding their reviews.

From the Company
The new Wilson Staff DUO Urethane is the World's Softest Urethane Ball at 55 compression. This ball rounds out the DUO family by offering the softest feel for the better player, while guaranteeing maximum distance off the tee and best-in-class spin performance around the green.

Duo-Urethane-F1.jpg

Is this in addition to duo/duo spin or does it replace the spin offering?

Will definitely be trying these. Should help with greenside spin. Big fan of duo balls and a really big fan of the duo spin from last year.

Looking forward to hearing thoughts on this ball - sounds interesting.

Is this still a 2piece ball?

Wow, I have no doubt these will be a big hit with alot of THPers. It seems like what many have been asking for.

These certainly have my attention. Can't wait to read some reviews when they start rolling in.

Love the Duo Spin, I'm very interested to hear more about these.

Have they released pricing info?

Will definitely be trying these. Should help with greenside spin. Big fan of duo balls and a really big fan of the duo spin from last year.

They definitely spin. Been trying these for a few weeks in short game practice and they spin a lot.

Feels great off the tee and irons, but need to adjust where I was hitting the ball because it would spin back.

They definitely spin. Been trying these for a few weeks in short game practice and they spin a lot.

Feels great off the tee and irons, but need to adjust where I was hitting the ball because it would spin back.

Thanka Wardy

Any chance you have comparisons to the E5 or 330 RXS?

Man, another great release today. I've played the DUO for the last couple rounds and really like it, so.....Must. Try.

Thanka Wardy

Any chance you have comparisons to the E5 or 330 RXS?

Negative, sorry about that friend. I was comparing it mostly to the chromesoft. I'd say it spun for me a little more than it did. Probably on par with the original Hex Chrome?

Played a sleeve a while back. I'm in on these. Totally.

Looking forward to hearing how this ball performs. I will grab some for sure!!
Price point around $35?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like a logical and well executed addition to the Duo line. The feedback on these should be good!

Want to try these again. The one ball I was gifted during a local outing didn't stay in play long. I saw some good results from molten with this one though

Negative, sorry about that friend. I was comparing it mostly to the chromesoft. I'd say it spun for me a little more than it did. Probably on par with the original Hex Chrome?

No problemo, chromesoft Works as a comparison for me

Have really enjoyed playing the Duo and Duo Spin most of 2015. Adding an option to help with more spin into and around the greens is one I'll definitely try out.

played the duo a lot last year because of the pricepoint and high quality of the ball. One of my favorite balls by far. I really look forward to trying these this year.

I'm excited to try these out and if the price point is right these will most likely be my new winter ball.

Great addition to the already solid Duo line.

Up on the Wilson site @ $37.99. Was really hoping for that $30 - $32 range, but it's still a value compared to the other OEM tour balls.

It's a 3 piece ball.

I wonder if they have another Tour ball coming or if this is replacing it?

Doesn't really matter, because IMO the FG Tour is the single greatest ball on the market.

Back