Have you ever played a 1 man scramble?

c0ncept

SFT
Reaction score
Handicap
Life
So basically it is like having unlimited mulligans (one per shot). The catch is that if you choose to take one you HAVE to play that ball.

Have you ever done this? What is the lowest you have scored?

If you haven't tried it would you?

I feel like if I could have an extra putt I could shoot a lot lower.

I’ve played worst ball before as a practice round

Haha I did that once, just to see what I could do if I got rid of the bad shots, and posted an 82 via Shot Scope!

I deleted that round from my data, needless to say, but hot dang that was fun!

I haven't but one of the area courses advertised it earlier this year. Hit 2 shots, pick the best, play from there, lather, rinse, repeat. No requirement to play the 2nd shot. I briefly considered giving it a whirl but we ended up being out of town.

I haven't, but that sounds like a lot of fun. I suspect a lot of my second shots would be much better!

I think that could be fun. I, too, have played worse ball for practice, but it has been a while.

I usually do this when I play. Either that or I’ll play a 2 person best ball. I love the 2 person best ball just doing it on my own.

Sent from HTX

When I have a membership I'll play best ball or worst ball all the time for practice. Usually only a difference of 4 or 5 shots when playing best ball.

Have not tried it or ever heard of it being a thing. Would definitely help on the green.

I’ve played worst ball before as a practice round

that's a fun game, I'd rather do that than the single scramble

I've played multiple balls for a couple holes a few years ago when I was a single who was sandwiched in between foursomes until I got tired of chasing balls on the opposite sides of the fairway. A 1 person scramble or worst ball would be fun to try.

Sounds like a bad dirty joke.

I've played multiple balls for a couple holes a few years ago when I was a single who was sandwiched in between foursomes until I got tired of chasing balls on the opposite sides of the fairway. A 1 person scramble or worst ball would be fun to try.

That’s why I stopped doing that too. Hate the back and forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't, but that sounds like a lot of fun. I suspect a lot of my second shots would be much better!

Just aim really far left for the second lol

Just aim really far left for the second lol

Hahaha! As of late, that’s 100% accurate

That’s why I stopped doing that too. Hate the back and forth.

I was so annoyed that I was stuck in that position. I theoretically have better control now so the dispersion should be better. I'm ready to give it another try!

When I have a membership I'll play best ball or worst ball all the time for practice. Usually only a difference of 4 or 5 shots when playing best ball.

That's remarkably consistent then! If I'm off my score is going to be 10+ different. If I'm on that round it might only be 7-8. Of course my rounds are usually killed by bad shots. I have the ability to hit great shots. I just don't always!:)

My club is doing this as a trounemnt next Saturday. I am curious what I will shoot. My guess is it will be lower than normal since 70-80% of the time when I hit a second putt I make it.

They are doing 3somes instead of 4somes for pace of play. I fear it is going to take forever though.

I haven't done this for a full round but have for a few holes. My Player B is remarkably better than Player A.

For those of you who play a one person, better ball format, do you usually hit the same club each time or do you switch it up and hit driver/3wd off the tee, bump and run/flop near the green, etc. to see which generates better results?

Back