Toulon Design Putters Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great interview, very informative!
Loved the talk about the tire inspiration, and the naming of the putters based on city's.
Also found his approach to the tour players interesting.

Great job Dave.

Very interesting how they attacked the milling process and way to deliver a softer sound, soft feel and better roll putter. My question has been solved with the weight plate on the bottom of the club. Talk about excitement about their line of putters.

Very informative interview. The emotional location ties ins for the different models is really cool.

Really clever design. I love the versatility. The naming based on important cities in Sean's life was very interesting. Outstanding interview! Great jo all around. I will check them out on line!

Awesome interview. Lots of good information and great explanation of the tech. I need one of these.

Good work Antonio. I've got some thoughts. I need to digest a little bit.

• Admin
I am really looking forward to rolling a few.

First, the discussion on how sound is managed was quite interesting. I'm not sure how grooves on a putter impart spin, but grooves on wedges don't.

The naming scheme is perfect.

I'm curious how the aggressiveness on tour will payoff. I'm assuming he won't pay for play.

1) WATCH THIS INTERVIEW PEOPLE!!!

2) Fup, that was literally the best at show interview I have seen out of THP. I truly mean that.

3) Mr. Toulon, you had me at sound is feel in putters because, well SOUND IS FEEL IN PUTTERS!!! Fantastic interview and talk about the right combination or passion and knowledge. Way more tech in these than I think anyone initially thought and that is fantastic. As the resident putter connoissuer/addict I would love to put these through their paces. Wow. Freaking wow.

Yes yes yes! 365 to 385g, different necks, different head shapes! So much awesome!

These are super intriguing to me.

Great interview.

Absolutely amazing interview! Great job Fupi!

Sean really knows his stuff and is so passionate about what he does. it's great to see and I can't wait to find out some more stuff about the company and their products.

Nice interview Fupresti. It was a real treat gettting to talk to Sean and his sons for a while at the show, there are just so many facets to these putters. I found the amount of time and effort put into the sound and feel that he described really cool to learn about.

I'm really waiting for the Memphis model to come out, spoke to Joe (his son) a lot about that one, and I think it's going to be a huge hit when people see and here what they are doing with it.

What an awesome interview, so much great info and it sounds like they really did their homework before releasing them, that face milling is truly stunning, can't wait to see them in person and give one a roll.

What a fantastic interview! What I found most striking was just the overall knowledge of Sean and his ability to explain in terms that most will understand instead of using 'buzzwords' or 'jargon'. In my experience, these are the type of people that truly understand their equipment and the reasoning behind it. I may be a little biased (as I work with/studied fluid dynamics) but the analogy just makes sense, and using a car tire to explain the technology is simple yet brilliant. I did have 1 question involving the sole plates for weighting. Are these readily removable for the consumer? ie... could I buy the aluminum and the tungsten version and swap them out based on my needs?

Really looking forward to these coming out, just to give them a try. A 385g plumber's neck sounds fun.

these look beautiful, and a great story. i'd love to try a #9 style.

I love everything I heard from that man. Seems to really get it. Hoping to be able to try one of these out sometime.

First, the discussion on how sound is managed was quite interesting. I'm not sure how grooves on a putter impart spin, but grooves on wedges don't.

Different type of shot as there is nothing coming between the ball and the face with a putt.

What a great interview! I was not really caring about these putters from a distance, but after hearing the story and seeing the enthusiasm from the founder my interest is piqued. Pretty cool how he explained the steps to get the milling to where they wanted it for all the different reasons.

I'm not sure I would have viewed the top end of the putter market as an underserved category, but what do I know?

What a fantastic interview! What I found most striking was just the overall knowledge of Sean and his ability to explain in terms that most will understand instead of using 'buzzwords' or 'jargon'. In my experience, these are the type of people that truly understand their equipment and the reasoning behind it. I may be a little biased (as I work with/studied fluid dynamics) but the analogy just makes sense, and using a car tire to explain the technology is simple yet brilliant. I did have 1 question involving the sole plates for weighting. Are these readily removable for the consumer? ie... could I buy the aluminum and the tungsten version and swap them out based on my needs?
I actually asked Sean this question.

Yes, you will be able to buy the different weights. Not sure how soon. But I would imagine it will be on the website, when available.

If you haven't done so already. I encourage everyone to check out the site. It really is one of the most informative sites I've ever seen from a company.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Really great interview on both David and Sean's parts. So much great info on their process.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

Back