What golf equipment are you buying with your tax returns

I already bought a new driver and some new wedges. I guess my tax return purchase will be a ClubGlider travel bag for vacation this summer based on recommendations I got from this site.

Someone, someday in another thread has to tell me why getting a tax return is a good thing.........:bicker:

Someone, someday in another thread has to tell me why getting a tax return is a good thing.........:bicker:

Because we get a check for money we forgot about!

Since we got fined $1,242 last year by the California Franchise Tax Board for not paying in enough estimated taxes in 2014, a small tax return could be a good thing. I can't wait to move out of California when my daughter graduates in 2.5 years and get the heck out of this state!!

Back to the topic, I'm buying a Cobra LTD with my state tax refund this year as we intentionally overpaid so we wouldn't get fined!

It's not!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Odyssey Toe Up #9 to start

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What's a tax return?? I'm hoping I don't have to pay in this year, there's an outside chance of that now with filing jointly and my year to claim my son, but not counting on it.

Might pick up a new XR 16 driver.

I'm buying a whole new bag. Irons, driver, woods... only thing I am keeping is my putter and sand wedge. I have never been fit for a club so if I'm going to play I may as well be serious about it. I started last summer shooting in the 110s and finished the summer in the high 80s and low 90s. Have narrowed it down to $2000. Wilson C200/Ping G/Bridgestone JGR then preferred matching setup of woods/driver. It won't be Taylormade. Really like Callaway drivers. I don't like hybrids very much so a 7 wood vs the new Ping Crossover. May make a thread in itself to document the process and results with what I find.

Check out the callaway apex irons as well! They are amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is a refund??? My tax guy does not understand that term, I have not seen one in quite a few years.

No equipment likely. What I get back, along with my work bonus, will be going towards a new roof for my house.

Met Kang on the course at TPC Las Vegas and here's a beauty I'm keeping my eye on. I liked the way I hit it.

b2e91ab9d9eb6152e129a7d999e51f81.jpg

I only get one because of the interest I pay on my student loans. Good thing? No, because I have student loans. But it's better than getting one from over paying on taxes initially and giving the government a free loan.

How much interest did this money earn?

None! I'm not advocating the process, bu I do enjoy getting my tax check because it was money that was out of sight out of mind

I'm thinking of getting a new driver. I mean I love mine and I'm not expecting to hit any of the new ones any better but what the hell? We all love new stuff! I just got new irons and updated my wedges over the summer, so I might as well get a new driver now. It's been a couple few years now. I'm not a big Nike fan but I'm loving the look of the new Vapor, I get them all mixed up but it's the one Rory is using. I'm probably going to go check that out.

Getting mine done tomorrow. Likely put it towards my 2016 membership dues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a GBB with a Grandura shaft. Now I don't have enough to pay my accountant. Oops

I only get one because of the interest I pay on my student loans. Good thing? No, because I have student loans. But it's better than getting one from over paying on taxes initially and giving the government a free loan.
its more than likely you are getting a return based on the way your w4 is filled out. But student loans blow. Can't wait until we have paid my wife's off.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back