Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

5 iron 545, 6 and 7 745, 8-PW 945. Lofts 1 degree weak on 545 and 745's. So pumped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm half thinking of getting the short irons in the 745s. I find those so easy to hit for a "players" iron.

It was a little bit of a surprise at how well I was striking these after so long off and I have no doubt these will help me lower my handicap

Would be great to beat my PB of a 79 (+8) and get down to single figures

They just flat out perform. The entire lineup does

I'm half thinking of getting the short irons in the 745s. I find those so easy to hit for a "players" iron.

They seriously are. I just gush over the entire lineup.

Nice. Those things look stupid easy to hit.

Nice. Those things look stupid easy to hit.

They are, I dare you to try them and not enjoy hitting them....

I could have possibly gone with the 745's but to quote WCBM earlier, these just flat out perform

I will be gaming a 5 iron of this set this year. Can't want to hit my old friend

What is your set make up now? 945-545?
Never mind it's a couple of posts down the road

My 545 that are sitting on my living room floor have the S300 in them. I am going to catalog the distances and then try a Nippon 950 GH S in like the 7 iron and an AXE 95 shaft in the 6 and see how they perform.

What is your set make up now? 945-545?
Never mind it's a couple of posts down the road

I gamed the 545's a year ago, then made the move to the 945's. I love both sets and have hit the 745's in the past. I figured I might as well have the best of all worlds haha

I gamed the 545's a year ago, then made the move to the 945's. I love both sets and have hit the 745's in the past. I figured I might as well have the best of all worlds haha
I had the 745s and they just felt chunky to me, never feel in love with the feel, whether it was shaft related or not I don't know but to me the 545 have feel all over the 745s. And they are very easy to hit, stupid easy.

I had the 745s and they just felt chunky to me, never feel in love with the feel, whether it was shaft related or not I don't know but to me the 545 have feel all over the 745s. And they are very easy to hit, stupid easy.

Yup. Extremely easy to hit for what they are and their profile. As I've said before, I don't know of a line that I like more - from the 545 to the 745 to the 945. I am just a huge huge fan.

I love the looks of these clubs, although I'm probably more in 355 territory. I have yet to see a Srixon club in hand though. Nowhere near me appears to carry them.

I love the looks of these clubs, although I'm probably more in 355 territory. I have yet to see a Srixon club in hand though. Nowhere near me appears to carry them.

I have the same problem (also may be more suited to the 355's but if I'm going for those types of clubs I may as well stick to something more mainstream I can actually try out!), according to Srixon's website the only place near me is Cirencester Golf Club which, handily, is the town I work in... Sadly no response to email or Facebook messages. I know they're there, played the course half a dozen times with the father in law - but as a small "Pro Shop" I imagine they check online things twice a year or so :D.

i was similar to you even playing the same razr clubs. The 545's are really good. I bought them off eBay and took the chance. I have the s300 shafts and love the D3 swing weight. I have had about 8 sets of irons over the last 4 years. None compare. Still have XR's which are nice but again the 545's are far more accurate and feel so much better. Put it this way, I bought 2 sets of the 545's just in case an airline losses my primary set. I am obsessed with these things and believe they helped me lower my hdcp. They just fit and give me lots of confidence. Now I don't want this to be an infomercial but I haven't heard of many that don't like them. Srixon hit a home run with these.

Sounds good to me! :) My only issue is that if I'm buying a brand new set, which is pretty expensive for these clubs, I'd like to get fitted (again the availability issue!). I can quite confidently say I'd probably need my clubs cut down a bit but how much and then all the associated swingweight and lie issues, which I have little idea about, come into play. :\ Ordering online I can choose between DG, KBS Tour or variety of Nippon shafts too. I'm just improving with my golf so I'd like to get it right and keep moving forwards but the thought of cocking it up with the wrong choices is a concern!

I absolutely think you can game these. They are forgiving yet workable. The feel is excellent and you won't lose distance from the Callaways- or at least not much
Yeah, I'd love to give it a go and I've come so close to pulling the trigger a few times this weekend but didn't quite drink enough alcohol! At £700 for the 4-PW set I'm just concerned about the fitting issues I mentioned above. :D I'd happily just order with 3/4-1" cut off but according to every forum that would mean a huge differences to feel and swingweights so I start getting worried. Who'd have thought an inch would make so much difference... ;)

Yeah, I'd love to give it a go and I've come so close to pulling the trigger a few times this weekend but didn't quite drink enough alcohol! At £700 for the 4-PW set I'm just concerned about the fitting issues I mentioned above. :D I'd happily just order with 3/4-1" cut off but according to every forum that would mean a huge differences to feel and swingweights so I start getting worried. Who'd have thought an inch would make so much difference... ;)

£700! The total cost for my fitting including three RTX 2.0 wedges wasn't much more than that!

The club I got fitted at and bought my irons from gave me a price of £529 for 4-PW, but because of my old setup it meant I needed new wedges as well so I got each of those for £90 each

This included full fitting, choice of various shafts at no upcharge and choice of various grips as well (for both irons and wedges)

If you hadn't been so far away I would have said you could hit mine, although mine are +1" and 2 degrees up so they probably wouldn't work but at least you could swing them

£700! The total cost for my fitting including three RTX 2.0 wedges wasn't much more than that!

The club I got fitted at and bought my irons from gave me a price of £529 for 4-PW, but because of my old setup it meant I needed new wedges as well so I got each of those for £90 each

This included full fitting, choice of various shafts at no upcharge and choice of various grips as well (for both irons and wedges)

If you hadn't been so far away I would have said you could hit mine, although mine are +1" and 2 degrees up so they probably wouldn't work but at least you could swing them

Haha, thanks for the kind offer but yeah - at 5'7" I expect I'd struggle to get the most out of them!

I'll give the Cirencester Pro shop a call I think, those prices were from clubhousegolf.co.uk - I don't really know where else I can buy them in the UK! Most online retailers don't list Srixon irons, such a shame with the effort they're putting into these new(ish) clubs that they're so hard to find!

Haha, thanks for the kind offer but yeah - at 5'7" I expect I'd struggle to get the most out of them!

I'll give the Cirencester Pro shop a call I think, those prices were from clubhousegolf.co.uk - I don't really know where else I can buy them in the UK! Most online retailers don't list Srixon irons, such a shame with the effort they're putting into these new(ish) clubs that they're so hard to find!

I am not far from the north Srixon Centre of Excellence at Rockliffe Hall, but despite this, it was actually a golf club on the other side of town that I found these at, so popped in to have a look at them initially and the pro gave me plenty of information and costs so I arranged a fitting and found the best combination that worked for me

We agreed a price and he offered to sell my old irons on and take whatever he sold them for (minus the usual selling fees) off the total cost, I paid a deposit, he placed the order and I had the clubs before my old ones were sold so I got a few range sessions and a round in before I actually paid the final balance on them

I have been very happy with the clubs and unless I end up winning a set of custom fit irons I don't see these leaving my bag for quite some time

I am not far from the north Srixon Centre of Excellence at Rockliffe Hall, but despite this, it was actually a golf club on the other side of town that I found these at, so popped in to have a look at them initially and the pro gave me plenty of information and costs so I arranged a fitting and found the best combination that worked for me

We agreed a price and he offered to sell my old irons on and take whatever he sold them for (minus the usual selling fees) off the total cost, I paid a deposit, he placed the order and I had the clubs before my old ones were sold so I got a few range sessions and a round in before I actually paid the final balance on them

I have been very happy with the clubs and unless I end up winning a set of custom fit irons I don't see these leaving my bag for quite some time

Well after a busy week and no reply from Cirencester Golf Club on their email or Facebook pages I gave them a call yesterday and it turns out they have the 545's to demo, do the fittings, have a launch monitor etc so I look forward to getting my fitting soon! Now I just have to wait until I'm back from Amsterdam (working) at the end of next week! It'll be interesting to see how they compare to my Razr irons, I know they do Ping as well so might even give the G/G-Max a go, from all I've seen the Max's are great clubs but I'm not sure I could live with the look or the sound, especially compared to the Srixons! :D

Well after a busy week and no reply from Cirencester Golf Club on their email or Facebook pages I gave them a call yesterday and it turns out they have the 545's to demo, do the fittings, have a launch monitor etc so I look forward to getting my fitting soon! Now I just have to wait until I'm back from Amsterdam (working) at the end of next week! It'll be interesting to see how they compare to my Razr irons, I know they do Ping as well so might even give the G/G-Max a go, from all I've seen the Max's are great clubs but I'm not sure I could live with the look or the sound, especially compared to the Srixons! :D

Let us know how they work for you when you get a chance to test them out.

It has been said before but I will say it again....these are just so easy to hit and if you can get the right shaft for you then I think you would be very happy with them

I can't wait to get back out on the course with mine, but the weather isn't really co-operating at the moment so I have been limited to the range up to now

Let us know how you get on with them

Let us know how they work for you when you get a chance to test them out.

It has been said before but I will say it again....these are just so easy to hit and if you can get the right shaft for you then I think you would be very happy with them

I can't wait to get back out on the course with mine, but the weather isn't really co-operating at the moment so I have been limited to the range up to now

Let us know how you get on with them

Will do! Thanks guys, I know exactly what you mean - the last few weeks I've been itching to get back on the course but weather is being a real pain at the moment! Hopefully by the time I get the change I'll have some shiny new clubs... :)

2ee9039a561d40043e136eb2b5534c00.jpg

So I got off the tug boat for a few days and the 545s were laying in the living room. I took the 7 iron hostage back to the tug and managed to hit a dozen balls off the barge from a rubber matt. Even though the contact was very low on the face they felt great and launched well. No way my past Z745s would have tolerated that as well. It truly amazing how easy these are to hit. Next week I will do some launch monitor testing of the S300 vs the Nippon 950 GH shafts. Then I will swap in an AXE shaft to the same head and compare all the numbers.

I literally stole these off of ebay,,, new in the wrapper, Cleveland shipping box and all, 3-PW S 300 for $520 shipped. I feel dirty.

Well I finally had my fitting, all went well really - wasn't hitting very far at all due to multiple factors (very cold, uphill range, just had McDonald's, not played this year, tired and stiff after working away all week and, finally, I'm quite crap at golf!) :D but basically I was carrying my Razr 6 iron 128 yards and the Z545's around 133 yards on average. From experience those figures are about 20 yards short of my usual once I'm playing regularly and the conditions are fair but at least the comparison between clubs was there.

The fitting should pay off - most shots, even choked down, came from the heel and followed my pattern of low pull on bad hits, high draw on good ones. From around 30 hits in total my worst stray hit was 13 yards offline and rest within 6 yards offline either way on the monitor, which was pretty good despite the short distance.

The KBS tour 110 regular shaft felt good and lighter than my current set which suited my slower swing (we had other options to try but based on my flight felt that was already about right). The impact tape showed all my hits come with a heel impact and from the back of the club so we've gone 1/2" short and 1 degree flat. The smaller head seemed no harder to hit to me and the fitter agreed it was fine because I was consistent with it, he didn't feel the need to switch to the Z355 he'd also brought out. I never hit well off the range mats because of that impact and my game hasn't progressed to properly compressing the ball, at best I hit it the same time as the ground, worst an inch before, definitely a sweeper but the bad shot is digging in and pushing the ball 30 yards along the ground! These shorter, flatter clubs should go some way to fixing that I'd hope!

Have gone for the 4-PW (the 4 iron is one of my better clubs strangely enough, the 6 is probably my worst!) with the KBS tour 110 regular and Golf Pride New Decade MultiCompound grips, the tasteful Black/White version rather than anything too wild! So hopefully in a week or two I'll be able to start my game back off with the new set and improved striking, we'll see! :)

Good to hear, hope you enjoy them as much as I have

With the v-sole on these, if you have a bit of a tendency to dig, these should actually help you out a little bit as well - it is always difficult to tell when hitting off mats, but on the course I can't remember the last time I hit a bad fat shot and I can't help but feel that the club has helped me at times and I haven't really noticed it help

Don't forget to post some pics of the nice new shiny clubs when you get them :D

Well I finally had my fitting, all went well really - wasn't hitting very far at all due to multiple factors (very cold, uphill range, just had McDonald's, not played this year, tired and stiff after working away all week and, finally, I'm quite crap at golf!) :D but basically I was carrying my Razr 6 iron 128 yards and the Z545's around 133 yards on average. From experience those figures are about 20 yards short of my usual once I'm playing regularly and the conditions are fair but at least the comparison between clubs was there.

The fitting should pay off - most shots, even choked down, came from the heel and followed my pattern of low pull on bad hits, high draw on good ones. From around 30 hits in total my worst stray hit was 13 yards offline and rest within 6 yards offline either way on the monitor, which was pretty good despite the short distance.

The KBS tour 110 regular shaft felt good and lighter than my current set which suited my slower swing (we had other options to try but based on my flight felt that was already about right). The impact tape showed all my hits come with a heel impact and from the back of the club so we've gone 1/2" short and 1 degree flat. The smaller head seemed no harder to hit to me and the fitter agreed it was fine because I was consistent with it, he didn't feel the need to switch to the Z355 he'd also brought out. I never hit well off the range mats because of that impact and my game hasn't progressed to properly compressing the ball, at best I hit it the same time as the ground, worst an inch before, definitely a sweeper but the bad shot is digging in and pushing the ball 30 yards along the ground! These shorter, flatter clubs should go some way to fixing that I'd hope!

Have gone for the 4-PW (the 4 iron is one of my better clubs strangely enough, the 6 is probably my worst!) with the KBS tour 110 regular and Golf Pride New Decade MultiCompound grips, the tasteful Black/White version rather than anything too wild! So hopefully in a week or two I'll be able to start my game back off with the new set and improved striking, we'll see! :)

Awesome. Love reading this. Keep us updated when you get to the course with them!

I got a chance to hit Mike Dean's Z545's on a simulator round a few weeks ago. They felt great compared to my old Di11's. I'm (hopefully) doing an iron fitting this Spring & should get to compare the Z545's to the W/S C200s, Callaway CF16's, (among others).

I really love the look of these irons! So clean-looking and that sole inspires confidence!

I got a chance to hit Mike Dean's Z545's on a simulator round a few weeks ago. They felt great compared to my old Di11's. I'm (hopefully) doing an iron fitting this Spring & should get to compare the Z545's to the W/S C200s, Callaway CF16's, (among others).

I really love the look of these irons! So clean-looking and that sole inspires confidence!
Three solid choices to choose from.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Back