Best Private Course Within 1/2 Hour Of Your House

brianmk24

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
We did the best public courses that are local to you: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...t-Public-Course-Within-1-2-Hour-Of-Your-House

This may be slightly more imaginative since we may not be members or have had the opportunity to play a private course, but what's the best private course near you?

My vote is for Baltusrol. 2 18 hole courses and I've walked both of them; the Lower for the 2016 PGA and the Upper for the 2018 US Junior Am

My best guess would be old memorial? Although I like bellair better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ivanhoe. 10 minutes down the street. Ironically only 5 minutes down the street from the best public course near my house, Stonewall Orchard, which is pretty stellar itself.

Ivanhoe has had a Web.com tournament there the past 3 years. Conditions are perfect. 27 holes of great golf. Strong Caddie program. If there's a weakness, it's their practice facility. Otherwise, it's a wonderful place.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

We've only got 5 in the city. Out of the 3 I've played I think Nakoma is the best followed by Bishops Bay and Cherokee. I haven't played Blackhawk or Maple Bluff.

San Diego CC. Best greens I’ve ever played hands down ever.

TPC Southwind about 15 minutes. Ridgeway CC is a close second as it is one hell of a hard course and always immaculate.

JM

I have Karsten Creek that is about 5 min away, it is considered public but is super pricey. About 45 min away there is Oak Tree Country National it hosted the 06 Sr PGA Championship, and about an hour away there is Southern Hills home of the 01 US Open. I know those are a little over the limit but still close.

Some place named The Country Club is about 10 minutes away from my home. I heard a Ryder Cup was played there back in the day. ;-)

I have Karsten Creek that is about 5 min away, it is considered public but is super pricey. About 45 min away there is Oak Tree Country National it hosted the 06 Sr PGA Championship, and about an hour away there is Southern Hills home of the 01 US Open. I know those are a little over the limit but still close.

Oak Tree National, only about 10 miles away from me, also hosted the 2014 Sr US Open. That's definitely within 30 minutes.

I think I could make it to Southern Hills in about 45 minutes late at night, in my Mustang, if you'll keep the LEOs off my tail. Does that count?

I don't know which is best, but if I could play either, I'd go for Southern Hills, where Tiger won his 4th PGA in 2007 (2001 was in Atlanta where Toms won).

San Francisco Golf Club.

Ridgewood Country Club in Paramus, NJ hosting 2018 The Northern Trust.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Some place named The Country Club is about 10 minutes away from my home. I heard a Ryder Cup was played there back in the day. ;-)

Ditto....

Original USGA club vs godawful Ryder Cup shirts...

Ridgewood Country Club in Paramus, NJ hosting 2018 The Northern Trust.

We need to get together at some point. The NJ crew hasn't done much in a long time.

Augusta National Golf Club.

Lovely azaleas, but it's closed half the year.

Augusta National Golf Club.

Lovely azaleas, but it's closed half the year.

I missed that you moved to the east coast..welcome!

According to golf digest The Camargo Club

Atlanta Athletic Club probably. 2011 PGA Championship and it’s a beast of a course.

Quail Hollow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pretty sure i get to lake nona and islesworth within 30 minutes. pretty much a toss up between the two.

My best guess would be old memorial? Although I like bellair better

Haven't played Old Memorial.

Pretty sure I can't make Bellair within 30 minutes.

30 minutes puts some restrictions on it for me.

Also haven't played Avila.

So just purely going on my limited experience, I'll have to go with Carrollwood.

It's Buckhorn Golf and CC. Pretty fun course that they keep in great shape. Pudge is a member there.

Old Memorial and its not close.
Unless you count Innisbrook Copperhead

Back