2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

No golf for me today unfortunately. Got a slight fever this morning from some gunk I've been trying to kick so I've got to sit out today :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No golf for me today unfortunately. Got a slight fever this morning from some gunk I've been trying to kick so I've got to sit out today :(

Take care of yourself Mike, see you in 7 weeks.

You have a slight fever? Or a slight hangover.....hmmmm! Happy New year, go practice. :D

You have a slight fever? Or a slight hangover.....hmmmm! Happy New year, go practice. :D

I wish it was a hangover. I passed out on my couch last night and nearly missed the ball drop.

Everyone take care of themselves and get well. Playing sick or injured is not a pre-requisite. We have 59 days til we are in Alabama. Plenty of time to get ready.

I love the reminders! After this vacation prep kicks in high gear.
In the meantime I love that my wife selected a hotel for the next two nights with a putting green. Luckily I had room to bring my putter and some wedges on vacation.

Can only do some indoor putting today due to all the rain. Hope to be able to get back on the course tomorrow.

Can only do some indoor putting today due to all the rain. Hope to be able to get back on the course tomorrow.

Same here no that winter finally decided to show up. If the putting surfaces are Berber the Wool Warriors had better come prepared! :D

I've decided to hell with it. I'm gonna go play. Channeling my inner Jordan today.

I've decided to hell with it. I'm gonna go play. Channeling my inner Jordan today.

Alright but listen to what your body tells you after you get started, no need to make things worse.

I feel like some nice warm kentwool socks and underwear may come in handy with this windchill in the single digits! Dome is closed today. Birdieball green looks open in the living room though. ? But who am I kidding.... I'd be practicing even if I wasn't heading to Alabama! ? *maintain posture* *maintain posture* I'll get it one of these days!

I feel like some nice warm kentwool socks and underwear may come in handy with this windchill in the single digits! Dome is closed today. Birdieball green looks open in the living room though.  But who am I kidding.... I'd be practicing even if I wasn't heading to Alabama!  *maintain posture* *maintain posture* I'll get it one of these days!
Comfort and performance.

This is another way of saying his game travels well. He does play pretty much the same golf no matter the location, and he has played in some pretty awesome locations. He's just talking his game down so everyone on the WoolWarriors gets a false sense of security.

You had too much to drink on New Year's Eve, didn't ya?!?!?

Many of us have played with John and will not be suckered in by John's tactic, he loves golf and he will be playing to win. He has me seriously pondering a V-series Heavenwood because of how much is has contributed to transforming his game. T0AD is spot on in his post.

Well, I know that you haven't had to much to drink so maybe it is time for new glasses?!?! The Heavenwood has helped my out a lot though.

Had a little two man shamble action going yesterday and while I had some decent drives, I'm still not performing to my potential. Short game saved me several times and hybrids are still performing well. Headed to the range today to work on the swing and have another round tomorrow.

Work continues and I smile as I think about #KickOffClassic.

JM

Beautiful day at grand cypress. Putter and driver working well. Need to tighten up the irons a hair. One hole left and then to the range to work on this delivery.

Great have my pro and Shawn Warren in my group. Lots of great tips and adjustments as I'm playing. I'll be ready for Barry on MLK and the Woolwarriors at the end of Feb. It's going to take some work to bring all together but so well worth it.

And off to the course. For a guy that loves sweltering heat, it is very cold to me at 50* so we will see how it turns out. Will report back later.

Beautiful day at grand cypress. Putter and driver working well. Need to tighten up the irons a hair. One hole left and then to the range to work on this delivery.

Great have my pro and Shawn Warren in my group. Lots of great tips and adjustments as I'm playing. I'll be ready for Barry on MLK and the Woolwarriors at the end of Feb. It's going to take some work to bring all together but so well worth it.
Nice Freddie! I like that track. Today is my daughter's last day at home. Taking her to the airport early in the morning then heading to the course for a little putting practice and a round afterwards. Should be a little drier out! Time to start putting in work!

Put in a lot of driver work today. Made some progress, but there is still a lot of work to be done. I practiced what I "thought" was a remedy. I'll wait to see what Freddie says though. Have a points game tomorrow, so gonna take what I have to the course.

JM

Played 18 today mid 30s temp wise really could have used some Kentwool to keep me warm

Short game was on point today! Only hit 6 greens and 4 fairways but managed to stay under 80. Lost a lot of shots right (both drives and approach shots) which is highly unusual for me. Perhaps due to the much colder weather and the extra clothing. Despite not hitting many greens of fairways, I kept myself well in play on all holes and did not make anything above bogey.

Happy Sunday boys! I hope everyone is rested after the holidays and ready to push toward a HOF tag. This goes for both teams! I know some are hang cuffed with poor weather but things can still be done. I know you all will be well prepared for the #thpkickoffclassic sponsored by Kentwool

Played yesterday. It was a nice measure of where I am and what I need to work on. Irons were on point and short game was solid. Only hit two approach that were off target. Really struggled with the putter, but the greens were the worst I've played on in years--slow, bumpy, and inconsistent. Also struggled off the tee. Need to tighten that up.

Wow what a miserable round today. My iron game is worse than it's ever been in 10 years. Driver and short game is solid, I can't hit a green from 100-180 if my life was on the line. Such a terrible feeling

I am patiently waiting in the wings for a call up to this one, not that I have any idea how far down the wait list I am and the odds of someone pulling out are slim.

But I have a dream.....

Back