How long did it take? Just got my estimate for my Daytona today and after picking myself up from the near heart attack I approved the work.

Expensive hobbies and toys call for expensive maintenance.

Depending on the time of year, watch, age of watch... A full service does normally take a few months. Keep in mind they are by hand taking the watch entirely apart and rebuilding it replacing and servicing parts along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expensive hobbies and toys call for expensive maintenance.

Depending on the time of year, watch, age of watch... A full service does normally take a few months. Keep in mind they are by hand taking the watch entirely apart and rebuilding it replacing and servicing parts along the way.

Yah I knew the price was going to be high being as it's a Daytona . So between the fact of the added internals and the bezel needing to be replaced I knew it was going to be bad but not this bad.

I could have bought a Date just instead .

Ah well, it has significant sentimental value and I love the watch .

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ah well, it has significant sentimental value and I love the watch .

That's the important part right there. My Omega Chronoscope will cost me a child when it's service is due

Wife surprised me with a watch. Really classy looking. Like it a lot.

6198b18c31912fc5281e8a17ebdd7bff.jpg
53d695e10c2ccc06934451064d69ffc3.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Love the clean lines!!!

Finally got my Hamilton Khaki Navy on a leather nato.
15c797924ed4c0e3ff3df06d281240cd.jpg

How long did it take? Just got my estimate for my Daytona today and after picking myself up from the near heart attack I approved the work.

They said anywhere between two and four months.

Wish I had that kind of window at work

Yeah, I hear ya on the heart attack thing after seeing what the cost was going to be... They quoted me two to four months also, and if I remember correctly, took just about two months...

Most of my watches were my grandfathers, nothing too fancy and I rarely wear a watch at work but the wife found me a keeper. She knows me well, I would likely leave a new rolex in the safe with my others but she knew I was curious about smart watches.
I ended up with the 42mm Apple watch in stainless with the matching band. It's been a blast out on the course and I find information it keeps on my wrist quite handy at work.

Untitled by Erik, on Flickr

Untitled by Erik, on Flickr

Finally got my Hamilton Khaki Navy on a leather nato.
15c797924ed4c0e3ff3df06d281240cd.jpg

cool Hamilton.
I have an original Hamilton Pacer electric, 1956! Was my dads, I'll post a pic.

others I have are automatic tags twin times (2), Baum merc, Corum bubble (privateer), and a few other older tags, seikos.

Anyone familiar with Glezer Kraus jewelers in the Chicago area?

At the suggestion of the guy who sold me my GMT II I sent my Daytona there to be totally redone.

He's certified Rolex repair and I've heard phenomenal things just curious if anyone has had personal experience.

Not sure about that place but if your in Chicago there is a great Jeweler in Buffalo Grove. I bought my Breitling there. They have tons of new and pre owned luxury watches.

I just ordered a Seiko Alpinist (SARB017), i've wanted one for awhile. Great for outdoors and classy enough to wear to events.
attachment.php

My everyday watch is this Orient Mako.

Q4Zcf82.jpg

I recently got rid of 2 Breitlings and don't own any watches.... I just dont wear them. The New Tag Heuer Connected sparked my interest in looks alone, but @ $1,500 for a "smart watch" it seems ridiculous that it doesn't have GPS capabilities (which makes it worthless for golf apps, right?) and no Heart rate monitor....

Dealing with Rolex is such a frigging joke.

It's no wonder vendors are dropping like flies. I had an estimate go from 2100$ to 6300$ ? So I tell them don't worry about it send it back and I'll have someone else do it. I don't want a completely new watch.

"We can't do that"

So I guess now they're trying to hold my watch hostage? Gonna have to get the guy who sold me and my father all our watches on this Monday it's pathetic.

I didn't even want to send it to them but they refuse to sell any external parts and the bezel needed replaced.

Dealing with Rolex is such a frigging joke.

It's no wonder vendors are dropping like flies. I had an estimate go from 2100$ to 6300$ ? So I tell them don't worry about it send it back and I'll have someone else do it. I don't want a completely new watch.

"We can't do that"

So I guess now they're trying to hold my watch hostage? Gonna have to get the guy who sold me and my father all our watches on this Monday it's pathetic.

I didn't even want to send it to them but they refuse to sell any external parts and the bezel needed replaced.

That is outright insane!!!!! So glad I have never run into this with any of my watches, but then again I'm and Omega guy not Rolex.

So sorry to hear you are going through this, I'll be spreading the word around my circle of watch geeks that this is going on.

That is outright insane!!!!! So glad I have never run into this with any of my watches, but then again I'm and Omega guy not Rolex.

So sorry to hear you are going through this, I'll be spreading the word around my circle of watch geeks that this is going on.

The guy who middle manned it warned me about how bad they've become but this is a shock. As I said I really didn't have a choice if I wanted the bezel replaced but they can piss off for that price. I'm sure I can find someone in the jewelry world to do a little paint fill. The watch has been worn and I like that about it. I just want the paint fill back in. Apparently that means it needs a new case,bezel, band, etc.

The only part they didn't quote was the crystal.

The guy who middle manned it warned me about how bad they've become but this is a shock. As I said I really didn't have a choice if I wanted the bezel replaced but they can piss off for that price. I'm sure I can find someone in the jewelry world to do a little paint fill. The watch has been worn and I like that about it. I just want the paint fill back in. Apparently that means it needs a new case,bezel, band, etc.

The only part they didn't quote was the crystal.

Still way out of bounds on them. If it were a pre '60s vintage... Ok I can see that. But that's not the case here. And I'm with you. When my AT Ryder Cup or my Speedy are serviced, it is with explicit instructions to leave the marks, only a mechanical service is needed. They are "tool watches", they earn those scratches and dings because they are meant too.

Still way out of bounds on them. If it were a pre '60s vintage... Ok I can see that. But that's not the case here. And I'm with you. When my AT Ryder Cup or my Speedy are serviced, it is with explicit instructions to leave the marks, only a mechanical service is needed. They are "tool watches", they earn those scratches and dings because they are meant too.

Exactly. If I wanted something to remain flawless I would get a Presidential or something similar.

I bought a fitbit charge. Its pretty cool, wish theyd added more digital faces. It sucks though because i love wearing watches. But i'm trying to stay healthy. Obviously for dressier occasions ill use the nice watches but i use to wear them all the time.

I bought a fitbit charge. Its pretty cool, wish theyd added more digital faces. It sucks though because i love wearing watches. But i'm trying to stay healthy. Obviously for dressier occasions ill use the nice watches but i use to wear them all the time.

Being a watch lover and a bit of a collector, I am fascinated by smart watches. My big issue for not taking the dive is that (as sick as this sounds) they are almost disposable in a way. In two years they are outdated and the next big thing is out in the market similar to phones. Don't get me wrong, I'm a tech geek at heart so I'm really torn, but when it comes to my watches I would rather keep the history of horology alive and well with my manual and automatics.

So an open question to all that have jumped in on the smart watches, what has it been that sucked you in? Also, did you make the switch from higher end mechanical watches when you got them.

Being a watch lover and a bit of a collector, I am fascinated by smart watches. My big issue for not taking the dive is that (as sick as this sounds) they are almost disposable in a way. In two years they are outdated and the next big thing is out in the market similar to phones. Don't get me wrong, I'm a tech geek at heart so I'm really torn, but when it comes to my watches I would rather keep the history of horology alive and well with my manual and automatics.

So an open question to all that have jumped in on the smart watches, what has it been that sucked you in? Also, did you make the switch from higher end mechanical watches when you got them.
Basically the sleep tracking is what sucked me in. I sleep very poorly, in fact 3 out of the past 4 days ive owned it ive slept under 5 hours a night. Also the foot tracking and heart rate monitor. If its junk in 2 years hopefully i am in better health and dont care to track it anymore. Personally id prefer something more of a livestrong bracelet with no screen that just sinks up to my phone so i can still wear a real watch and get the data. Most of the detailed viewing with this thing is through your phone anyway.

Basically the sleep tracking is what sucked me in. I sleep very poorly, in fact 3 out of the past 4 days ive owned it ive slept under 5 hours a night. Also the foot tracking and heart rate monitor. If its junk in 2 years hopefully i am in better health and dont care to track it anymore. Personally id prefer something more of a livestrong bracelet with no screen that just sinks up to my phone so i can still wear a real watch and get the data. Most of the detailed viewing with this thing is through your phone anyway.

Go with the Charge HR from Fitbit. I love mine although I've pondered the watch

I am the same way, huge tech geek but love my classic watches. I just can't justify spending $500+ on a Apple Watch for a new one to come out in a year. Honestly when I was looking it was between the Pebble Time or the Huawei, the Time was a lot sleeker but the screen wasn't as nice. I think I'll just wait til they all come down in price and are a lot thinner.

Personally id prefer something more of a livestrong bracelet with no screen that just sinks up to my phone so i can still wear a real watch and get the data.

See that would be perfect for me, best of both worlds. Tech and still get to wear my autos.

Back