Cobra KING LTD Fairway Wood Preview

Just read your initial impressions on the driver thread. Now it's time for King LTD FW. I firmly believe it's actually even better than the driver.

I think you might be right. I just picked up the LTD 3/4 wood with the Rogue x flex shaft. I hope it lives up to the hype. It has some very strong competition because I have a XR Deep 3 wood and an XR16 Pro 4 wood arriving sometime later this week from Callaway's warranty department as well. I'm thinking the LTD will be my new 4 wood in the 16* setting.

Last edited:
I hit my 3/4w yesterday and really liked what I saw. I found it easy to hit off the deck and saw a slightly lower ball flight than my GBB 3w, but with more roll out. It definitely has a distinct sound, like a hollow whack, but was appealing when combined with how impact felt. The fact that this was giving me similar results to my GBB, which has been terrific for me, is saying something. I'd like to get this on the course and see how the turf interaction is and how it compares in course conditions, but if it's anything like I saw during my range sessions, I'll have a big decision in front of me.

Hit the LTD today, best fairway wood I've ever hit. I don't use a fairway wood because I don't need 3-wood distance (290 for me) and I hit my driver straight. Also I'm inconsistent with how long they are so I just use a 17* hybrid as my longest club after driver (~260)

But this thing has me thinking. I could get the 4-5, tip it and shorten it to maybe like 41.75", and it's very easy to add the weight back to head with the space port. I think it would give me more forgiveness than the smaller headed hybrid but approximately the same distance

Really debating an F6 or LTD fairway wood. I think the LTD may be slightly ahead because of the 3/4 or 4/5 option. I think I'd almost prefer the 4/5 option and the F6 only comes as a 3/4 or 5/6 option.

Played this on Sat with the red tie set at 15.5. It was a beast off the tee. Mid flight and I like the sound. Started some testing with the f6 but haven't hit f6 off the tee yet. Off the deck the f6 has been easier to hit.

Played this on Sat with the red tie set at 15.5. It was a beast off the tee. Mid flight and I like the sound. Started some testing with the f6 but haven't hit f6 off the tee yet. Off the deck the f6 has been easier to hit.
Will be interested in your thoughts about the F6 off the tee. I doubt I'd use my FW for off the deck ... I'm trying to play smart and if I'm that short I'm taking my medicine and pulling nothing longer than a 4H out of my bag.

Will be interested in your thoughts about the F6 off the tee. I doubt I'd use my FW for off the deck ... I'm trying to play smart and if I'm that short I'm taking my medicine and pulling nothing longer than a 4H out of my bag.

i don't hit fw off the deck often...maybe 2-3 times a round max. I'm trying to finalize the top end of my bag and how I want to set it up that gives me clubs with potential for tee and deck if needed. I hit 4/5 woods better than 3w off the deck.

i don't hit fw off the deck often...maybe 2-3 times a round max. I'm trying to finalize the top end of my bag and how I want to set it up that gives me clubs with potential for tee and deck if needed. I hit 4/5 woods better than 3w off the deck.
Just read that the F6 Baffler may be released on May 1 at $239 which may be the best option for me out there. Definitely going Cobra as I think they're the cutting edge in woods (driver and fairway) right now.

As for hitting off the deck, I'm lucky if I hit a FW off the deck 2-3 times a month. And if I do, it's because I'm being an idiot and 100% regret it as soon as I make contact with the ball. LOL.

Just read that the F6 Baffler may be released on May 1 at $239 which may be the best option for me out there. Definitely going Cobra as I think they're the cutting edge in woods (driver and fairway) right now.

As for hitting off the deck, I'm lucky if I hit a FW off the deck 2-3 times a month. And if I do, it's because I'm being an idiot and 100% regret it as soon as I make contact with the ball. LOL.

Baffler es has my attention for the 5w spot.

Bumping this as the LTD is the longest FW I have ever hit on a monitor. I've pretty much hit or owned almost every hot fairway wood. I'm of average swing speed, so it is not just for the high swing speed player.

Back