THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

This is because of my 2 handicap. PhillyV would be a 3 or a 4 and Mikedean would be sub 10! LOL
Capture_zpsmx73lqoz.jpg

Nope, Im still a 22, I just shot 130 on a sim

It should still take care of itself though Stribs. With it being at 67/114

i would have expected much more from the Mecca of Golf!

I mistyped and It should have said an 8...

My league handicap is same course week after week, year after year... so I know all the tricks of the course.

The other rounds I enter are from all over the place. I get out for work a ton at clubs I have never played (and generally play from the tips while having a few drinks getting "entertained") These rounds depending on the course etc can have the variability. I prefer to not drink when I am having a serious round... but when out on business it isn't always the case (and can quickly alter my rounds)

Also, these handicaps are based on a league organizing golf site our league organizer uses... so I am not 100% on how accurate they are. I submit everything to him though. I DO plan on keeping an actual GAM HC this season though.

Wow. That's a crazy way to track your index.

Sober HDCP. Drunk HDCP. Average it out!

Michigan is the one "traveling" so I'll take my traveling handicap.

Actually THP will decide what handicaps are used and how they are used as we have made no announcement of any of it.
As far as a handicap goes, a player only has 1.

Actually THP will decide what handicaps are used and how they are used as we have made no announcement of any of it.
As far as a handicap goes, a player only has 1.

Agreed.

<---- please see signature for updated handicap.

1. What was your hdcp last year? If you did not keep one, what is your average score for 18 holes? Does it travel? Meaning do score pretty much the same everywhere or do you play the same course all the time?
My (unofficial) handicap last year finished at an 8. I do not have an official one as I didn't play many rounds last year to keep track. If necessary I can keep an official one but will play a lot by myself so that kind of defeats the purpose.
I like to think that I have a shot at shooting 80 anywhere after playing a TON of different courses over the past 2 years.

2. What do you do best on the golf course?
I am a pretty decent ball striker with my irons.
3. What do you do you struggle with on the golf course?
My game is all about the big MO[mentum]. My rounds are typically characterized by a majority of pars, some bogies and birdies, and 2-3 doubles or triples. In match play though, I've learned to not get frustrated and just pick up, concede the hole, and turn the page.
4. Have you played competitive golf or match play in the past?
I have played in quite a few THP events for competitive play. As far as match play specifically, #TheGrandaddy.
5. What kind of player are you? Do you like to go for it or play it safe?
I'm not great at any one aspect of golf. But I am decent at a few of them. I don't rely on any one aspect of my game to get me around. I don't think I have a pattern of going for it or playing it safe. I take my chances when the opportunity presents itself.
6. Do you like to socialize when you play or are you super serious golfer guy?
I can be a mixture of both, but mostly I like to socialize. I don't take many things seriously and when it comes to golf, I'm there to have fun first.
7. If selected are you willing to meetup a few times for team prep (may involve a little local'ish' travel)?
Willing. Able. Have done so in the past. Excited to do so in the future.

Wow. That's a crazy way to track your index.

Sober HDCP. Drunk HDCP. Average it out!

Haha.. I agree. That is why I am taking it seriously this year and using a reputable tracker.

Its hard because I don't have a true "home course." Private clubs in my area are BIG money... or you will be doing some driving!

wow the last few times weve all played the Michigan caps were much lower. Sorry to hear about all the struggles you are all dealing with on the course

Slope ratings take care of that
I meant knowing your home course well. Buy yeah last 20 should include all that.

Plus only takes 20 rounds of bad golf to kill the cap

Agreed.

<---- please see signature for updated handicap.

Doesnt work that way dude.
There is a bit more to it than that.

I dont do sandbagging, and while I would never accuse someone of that, THP Events will never tolerate it. There is only one handicap and for big events with something this huge on the line, they will be monitored closely. Its not hard to tell when its happening and the insecurity of some for some reason feel the need to do it.

Again I say this NOT about the person I quoted or anybody here, but as a general rule at THP Events.

Doesnt work that way dude.
There is a bit more to it than that.

I dont do sandbagging, and while I would never accuse someone of that, THP Events will never tolerate it. There is only one handicap and for big events with something this huge on the line, they will be monitored closely. Its not hard to tell when its happening and the insecurity of some for some reason feel the need to do it.

Again I say this NOT about the person I quoted or anybody here, but as a general rule at THP Events.

No worries and I know it's not about me.

Please feel free to look back at some of more recent THP Bridgestone events and look at the submitted handicap provided and then reference my scores shot. I can tell you that my USGA Golf Association of Michigan handicap of 2 is not accurate because of my work league course. There is no way in hell that I can shoot in the mid to high 60s at any given time or any given course. It sure is nice going driver then 8 iron into two or the three par 5's though.

My money is on Fluffy showing up much better than an 8. #BeastMode for 2016 dude!!

Hopefully we can arrange a time to take my talents to Oasis and give it a good test to see. Assuredly, if I am on the team, the prep that is already underway will pay off.

Maybe im in the minority but if the USGA says im a 16 even if I play the same course or 2 and they are easy, I cant go into a competition claiming anything but that.

Hopefully we can arrange a time to take my talents to Oasis and give it a good test to see. Assuredly, if I am on the team, the prep that is already underway will pay off.

Would love that. We'll get a thread going when the time is right. heh.

Maybe im in the minority but if the USGA says im a 16 even if I play the same course or 2 and they are easy, I cant go into a competition claiming anything but that.

GHIN is a liar. Ain't nobody got time for that.

but what if you have to travel?

No worries and I know it's not about me.

Please feel free to look back at some of more recent THP Bridgestone events and look at the submitted handicap provided and then reference my scores shot. I can tell you that my USGA Golf Association of Michigan handicap of 2 is not accurate because of my work league course. There is no way in hell that I can shoot in the mid to high 60s at any given time or any given course. It sure is nice going driver then 8 iron into two or the three par 5's though.
If you are shooting those scores, and your handicap is based off those scores, then thats your index dude. It's math. That's how it works.

Back