Found a great bourbon

Mach2

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.7
Jefferson's very small batch, blend of straight bourbon whiskeys. Man this is some great bourbon. Smooth with a great taste, and the price of $30.00 makes for a great drink with 3 fingers in a highball glass and 2 small cubes.

9%209%2018%20Bourbon%20b_zps1teytdfy.jpg

If you haven't had it yet, try the Jefferson's Reserve. I prefer it more than this. A little pricier but a good choice none the less.

If you haven't had it yet, try the Jefferson's Reserve. I prefer it more than this. A little pricier but a good choice none the less.
Even better than this one? Will give it a try after this one is done.

Even better than this one? Will give it a try after this one is done.
Yes. They don't share a lot of details on their blends but I suspect based upon the fullness of the flavor and the price that the reserve is a bit older and I find it has good smooth butterscotch and vanilla characters to it that I really like in a good bourbon.

Jefferson is a really good sourced bourbon. Small batch made from four different bourbon recipes. It's a nice drinker.

I like hearing people talk about bourbon.

I have a theory that there are no bad bourbons, based simply on how regulated the industry is.

They also have one called Jefferson Ocean where the barrels are aged on a ship so they are in contant motion. Kinda pricey, $60-70, but the have different batches so each can be slightly different.

I have a theory that there are no bad bourbons, based simply on how regulated the industry is.

I totally agree with this. There are definitely different tastes, but I have yet to find one that isn't pretty darn good.

A long time ago back when I would overindulge as a youngster, there were definitely bad bourbons. They tasted horrible the next morning after just one night of additional aging!

I totally agree with this. There are definitely different tastes, but I have yet to find one that isn't pretty darn good.

This true. It's all basically the same ingredients of corn, barley and either wheat or rye. It just comes down to personal taste if you like high proof, low proof, wheated vs rye, young versus old. The combinations are endless when it comes down to the basic ingredients that determine it to be bourbon.

I find my personal preference is the higher proof wheated bourbons. Weller Antique and Maker's Cask Strength are among the ones I think you can't go wrong with but I've also had some really great Russell's or Four Roses Single Barrel with the higher rye content that have been quite tasty as well. I like variety which is probably why I have over 100 whiskey bottles in my house. Most of them (@75-80%) are bourbon.

I just started noticing this on the shelf at the store. Guess I will be picking up a bottle.

This true. It's all basically the same ingredients of corn, barley and either wheat or rye. It just comes down to personal taste if you like high proof, low proof, wheated vs rye, young versus old. The combinations are endless when it comes down to the basic ingredients that determine it to be bourbon.

I find my personal preference is the higher proof wheated bourbons. Weller Antique and Maker's Cask Strength are among the ones I think you can't go wrong with but I've also had some really great Russell's or Four Roses Single Barrel with the higher rye content that have been quite tasty as well. I like variety which is probably why I have over 100 whiskey bottles in my house. Most of them (@75-80%) are bourbon.

Field trip to your house! I've been trending towards rye lately..mainly Bulleit Rye.

Field trip to your house! I've been trending towards rye lately..mainly Bulleit Rye.

I don't have that one but I do have a few good rye around. Most recently we picked up a single barrel selection of Knob Creek rye that is quite good.

If you ever make your way to the Columbus area, the bar is open. I literally had to create a spreadsheet just to keep track of what we have in the house.

Back