Looking for a new Bag

MitchKov

Reaction score
Think I've got things in my bag figured out (for now) so being the never ending journey that is golf equipment figure the next logical step is replacing my 10+ year old hand me down stand bag. It has served me well but has seen better days and has a few quirks I don't love about it. One being the lack of individual dividers (it has 5 sections) and at that is only a top divider. Secondly I think I am looking at a cart bag as I've never tried one and everything around here is going to be in a cart anyway.

Open to recommendations, have found 2 I like but am open to look at others. Prefer something I can go check out in store and maybe would prefer to keep it at or under $200 although I would stretch the budget if it really made sense.

Looking For:
Cart Bag
Individual Club Dividers (full length)
Decent Build Quality
Strap Channel
Smart/Accessible pouches when strapped to cart

Nice to Have:
Insulated pocket
Secondary attachment point for cart (think I saw this on the C130)
Club retention

I looked at the Ogio Silencer which seems to hit most of the needs/wants above for $162 delivered but have not actually seen one in person and seems people either love or hate them.

I saw the Callaway Org 14 in store and liked it which hits most of the same items (except club retention) and could get that for ~$180 out the door locally.

I also checked out the C-130 and while well reviewed, it didn't have much over the others and cost quite a bit more.

So, any thoughts on the bags listed above and any recommendations outside of those?

Go with the C130 Cart Bag!! I love mine!!! I know several people who have switched over and everyone has commented that it is the only cart bag they‘ll buy from this point forward. I love the cart straps that are mounted to the back of the bag. It’s like extra insurance from losing a bag due to a faulty cart strap. My neighbor likes his so much he bought a second one for his push cart.

I actually like the Org15 better than the 14 (I had previous year model 14 and it worked fine, but the 15 had a bit more). The most recent Callaway bags made a big step up (I have a fusion14 that I love) so even though it might be more expensive I would try to get the 2017 models if at all possible (if you go that direction).

I used to be a Sun Mountain die hard, but what I have seen personally the quality has gone down hill while the price has gone up. I had issues with a cart bag and my friend has issues with his carry bag.

I have the last years model ORG14 and hate it because it's a pain to get clubs in and out. They are not full length dividers!

C130 for sure meets all the criteria. Another "winner" is the Callaway Org15 though I'm not sure the dividers are full length. The nice thing about the Org15 is the fact that the cooler pocket is in the front and is huge.

Appreciate the ideas and feedback. Going to check out a store this week that has a huge selection of bags. Think they should have most of them except prior year models. I may go that route if I end up with the c-130. Thought the current year Org 14 had full length dividers but maybe not, will take a second look. On my current bag a lot of the time I'm pulling 2-3 clubs or fighting to get one all the way down, but I've also generally got 3 irons in a section so was thinking full length dividers would help there.

Go with the C130 Cart Bag!! I love mine!!! I know several people who have switched over and everyone has commented that it is the only cart bag they‘ll buy from this point forward.

Seconded. I've owned both Sun Mountain and Ogio in the past, but I prefer the C130 by a substantial margin. Look for end of season deals, or possibly some closeout colors. I've had more luck finding discounts locally than online.

I am shopping for a cart bag with 4 dividers. If anyone knows of a company that makes this, please post here, thanks.

Checked some of them out in store. Seems the 2018 Callaway bags do have full length dividers unless they only go down half way or something weird like that. Did not see the silencer but saw another Ogio and didn’t like it as much as the c130 or org14/15. The pockets were not ideal and material was not as nice as the other options. Granted this was a cheaper bag than the silencer so may not be the same from a design/materials standpoint.

Golf Galaxy has a pretty good flash sale going today on several of their bags. Of the ones discussed in this thread they had the 2018 Callaway Org 14/15 bags for $173 and $201 respectively. Not sure that’s smoking deal territory but it’s pretty good even compared some of the discounted sites I’ve seen online. They matched the web price in store without question so I picked one up although I had almost committed to the c-130.

I believe on the web they have a few more of the models discussed here as well with a similar discount, but nothing for the c-130.

Check out Datrek. I like the Lite Rider II Cart Bag

I was just looking at bags while at my lesson. The sun mountain bags are nice and full length dividers if you go with that type of bag. I am rethinking my ping bag i just bought already lol.

Another vote for C130. I have the 2016 version and it has all the bells and whistles, not sure what is changed with the newer ones. I was able to purchase it last year on sale as it was the older model. Saved about $50 bucks compared to the current one, food for thought.

You need one of these. Because as bad as your golf game gets, you can just look over at your bag and feel better because it could be much, much worse.

Back